Late yesterday afternoon Bruce and I decided to go to the Dairy Queen in Santee and get dinner, drive down to the Wildlife Refuge at Ft. Watson (a British fort in Revolutionary War that the Swamp Fox, Francis Marion captured). Why the British were brave enough to build a fort ON TOP of an Indian mound is beyond me! Anyway after taking pictures, walking on the staircase OVER the mound, and driving to the end of Rt. 301 to see the old bridges, we got on SOUTHBOUND I-95 so Bruce could go to Maurice's for some pork rinds. I'm taking sunset pics when I suddenly realize no one is coming NORTHBOUND. Get over the last bridge and see several emergency vehicles, blocked traffic and a semi on its SIDE up against the last bridge (first one after rest area coming northbound). So Bruce wonders how we can get home another way. Hmmm. Drive to Eutawville, St. Stephens, Greeelyville and Manning -- only about an hour and a half. Or the other way through Santee, up to 601 and then north to 378. Another hour drive. Instead we go see the sinkholes at Santee State Park and the Boy Scout Campground by the lake. When we come back, still slow traffic and it takes about 20 minutes to drive through Santee, onto 95 and over the first bridge. Scary sight! The cars are still backed up past the outlets and on south to I-26. We left here at 3:15 and got home at 8:15. We could have gone and seen the boys! Have some pics of Monet in here, too. She lives on the boombox when Ozzie and Roxie come to visit!
Sunday, March 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment