I'm posting pictures I took here from the field trip to Camden, where the British spent a year encamped, and yesterday two friends and I went to Kensington Plantation, across the river from Sumter County. Very unique house and enjoyed feeling like I was back in the 1800's! Nice break from school. The house was a two-story farmhouse, but in 1850's was sawed in half from top to bottom and a three story rotunda installed. It sat for 40 years as a barn, then was restored by Union Camp Paper Company. My favorite part is the ceiling to floor windows in the dining room that slide up into the walls so that you have open doorways to the back porch!! Looking forward to Easter tomorrow and then VEGAS!!
Saturday, April 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
That's pretty neat! I'll have to visit it some time!
That's pretty neat! I'll have to visit it some time!
Post a Comment