Friday, June 22, 2007

Emotional Day!

Started out so sad. We watched the memorial for the firefighters in Charleston. Nathan was in the procession, and attended the service as well. Let's just say, the best speaker there was the Governor. Although I enjoyed listening to the Fire Chief's personal glimpses of those who died. They were really some remarkable men! The happier part of the day was going to the Toby Keith concert with Bruce. I was glad he decided to go to a country concert (and a little surprised). We left at 2 in the afternoon, as it takes almost 2-1/2 hours to get there. We found a nice sports bar about 2 miles down the road from the Verizon Amphitheater and the food was really good! We got to the concert at 5:45, but gates didn't open until 6:15 and then had to wait another 15 minutes to go up the steps into the amphitheater. We got front row of the lawn section and could use the railing in front of us for our feet. Flynnville Train opened the concert (have not heard of them before, but surprisingly, Bruce has heard their music!) Miranda Lambert came on next. My favorite song of hers was the last one, "Kerosene." I liked her more than Bruce did. Then the Big Dog Daddy came on -- Toby Keith!!! I knew all but 3 of his songs! I was a little disappointed that he didn't sing "It's a Little Too Late," but he sang all the rest. The encore was "American Soldier" and "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue," which is still my favorite. Awesome staging, especially the screen behind him. It looked like it was him standing up there! Bruce's ears were hurting and so he put some crumbled up paper in each of them. One side got caught!!! Fortunately when we got home, I was able to get it out with tweezers! Ouch! We stopped at Little Caesar's to get a drink and they sold us two pizzas for only $2.71 a piece, so Tiffany will be glad! Check out the pics on the slideshow above of the concert! July 21 will be Jack Ingram, Kelli Pickler with the cutie Brad Paisley!

No comments: