Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's hot and humid!




Sunday we had a quiet Fathers Day. Went to church, came home, ate leftovers and just "hung out." On Monday I cut some grass, did some laundry and left around suppertime to go to Summerville. When I got down there, we went to La Hacienda for some Mexican food. I'm trying to cut down to lose some weight, so I got a chicken taco salad that was just the perfect size! When we got home, we turned on the television and saw the horrible fire that killed 9 firefighters across the river on Savannah Highway. How terribly, terribly sad!!!! On Tuesday morning, I took Travis to the oral surgeon and he had all four wisdom teeth cut out. My toes were just curling in the waiting room every time I heard the drill!! He did ok, and I drove to Target to get his medicine, some jello, pudding, liquid yogurt and Goldfish for when he gets better. I also happened to finally find Zach a large playball that wasn't pink or purple -- it was blue! Travis was feeling numb for about 6 hours and was frustrated that he could only eat cold, liquids! He got bored, so we took a ride to look at a rental house in West Ashley. Nope, I didn't care for it much. He didn't want to ride by the fire. I think it would have made me emotional anyway. I had a hard enough time just listening about it. We stopped at Publix and he got some milk, string cheese and cookie dough! (Found out he couldn't eat any of it). Finally, he began to get tired and slept for a couple of hours while I watched Shrek 2. When Amber came home, I decided to leave as there were scattered thunderstorms and between Summerville and Santee, there is always bad weather. I did fine until I saw huge black clouds right before the St. George exit on 26. It got darker and darker. Two cars had collided on 26, spinning off in opposite directions into the trees. From St. George to Santee, it was awful! Lots of wind, pouring rain and lightning!! Fortunately, by the time I got to Santee, it was just clouds and no rain. When I got home, the weather alert was for 60 mph winds and hail in Orangeburg county -- Santee! So today I went on my mile walk with Zach, Tiffany went to find out why her floorboard on the passenger side was wet (blocked air conditioning hose), and we did some little things around the house. Travis went to work, but is having some pain. Nathan and Ashley and Hannah got back from Florida today. Tomorrow will mail Bethany her package, go pay JC Penney (I should have stock in that company), and move furniture in Zach's room so we can get the airconditioner out of there and Tiff can sleep there when Bethany and Keith are here. Looking forward to Friday and the Toby Keith concert!!!! The pics are of Zach in the new Jeep jogging stroller Papa bought. He likes to press the purple button to hear the "engine" start up! Papa's not sure if it will go to Italy or be kept here for the babies!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Love the pics. I vote Keep it for Babies, one less thing to have to carry through airports for the parents!

Anonymous said...

toby keith.
hahaha.

just kidding! as long as you go with dad to see the OZZ!