Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Best Laid Plans

Ok, we were supposed to go to Charlotte and walk in the Food Allergy Walk this morning. We left at 7:30 to be in the 10:00 walk. The tire light kept coming on, Zach was a little congested, we were running late, etc., etc. Something told me not to go when I couldn't get air in the one tire when we were in Columbia. So I listened and didn't go. Tiffany and Zach had been up off and on since 4 a.m. We decided since we were already in Columbia to go shopping for Tiff's birthday next week. Went to Sandhills (my favorite) to JC Penney. Tiffany now has two new dresses, I got Halloween things for next year, a dress that I really wanted to find in Sumter for Maggie, and Bruce and Tiffany have Carolina sweatshirts and t-shirts on a great sale! (The way they are playing, they should be real cheap in the next two weeks!!) It was a nice fall day, so we left the car parked and walked all around the area. Just like I remember shopping when I was little, along streets with parking. No malls!!! Saw some cute outfits for Maggie and Ryleigh at Gymboree, but wrong sizes! Went to Big Thursday and got Zach a Carolina onesie. Then on to Old Navy and TJ Maxx. Zach was perfectly behaved until the last store when he wanted to walk back inside to look at toys! He was asleep as soon as we got him in the carseat. Stopped at Zaxby's for food and decided to drive into town to see the Memorial at USC for the students killed in the fire. Such a tragedy and so absolutely unncessary. My heart really breaks for the parents. I can't even imagine and hope my kids all outlive me by many years. We also went to the Evergreen Cemetery on Garners Ferry Road where my friend, Portia Myers is buried with her husband. I learned a lot of my history of this area from her. She wasn't buried in Sumter because when she was little, she fell in a hole in her yard and was terrified of being underground. She's in the top story of a mausoleum. We also went by the temple. It's such a peaceful place and I need to go back really soon. Came home and watched several games, turning off Carolina's when it drove me crazy to watch "Sabrina the Teen-age Witch".

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Looks like a fun day!

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for the parent's too. It's not their fault when their children do irresponsible things, which ultimately result in the deaths of 9 kids!