Cute kid with haircut!Wednesday, April 16, 2008
It's Hard to Say Good-bye . . .
That seems to apply to many phases right now. Today I had a dentist appointment, so I didn't go to school (whew, after 2 12 hour days I was ready for that one!) Afterward, I went to a funeral for Maggie Geddings, who had 13 children! Two of her kids I knew well, as well as their kids. It was a nice funeral with many happy memories. She was 88. Then I came home and took Zach to get a haircut (Tiffany didn't know until I was there), but she had said it would be ok. I even have two little red curls! Then we went on base to the Commissary. I had to take my time so Zach could sleep in the car. Zach loved the shopping cart that was a jet with a steering wheel. Then Bruce came and he just wanted to hang out with Papa! We came home, unloaded groceries and then I played with Zach in the yard. He loves being outside! After supper he played some more and then went outside with Papa. He wore himself out and was really ready for the bed after his bath. Tonight Tiffany sorted through things, getting ready for TMO tomorrow. I know she is ready to have her own household again, but what a treat it was to have her and Zach here for a year! It will be sad when I come home and all the toys are gone!! We watched American Idol. I can't believe they sent Christy Lee Cook home. She did great last night. GET RID OF CARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A guy will win for sure this year. Either David or David! Mandy had on her blog the last of the buildings at Deseret Towers right before it was demolished. I'm still having a hard time with that one! So many students lived there and so many, many good memories! Eating at Morris Center (including crowning a parsley queen!), riding up and down 7 floors in the middle of the night doing homework, having naiive girls receiving phone calls late on Saturday night from "BYU security testing the fire alarm" and running out of the dorms to the flash of strobe lights and cameras from the guys' dorms, a live radio call in over whether more girls from Q-Hall or R-Hall dated (we in R Hall won, of course!), toilet papering cars in the parking lot, decorating cars for our 46th Ward Homecoming Parade, dumping water from the 5th floor onto unsuspecting basketball players down below, tying people's dorm room door handles to the stairwell door (after they short-sheeted our beds and tied them down so we couldn't pull them out!), coming off the elevator and trying to see your date before they saw you, painting the windows for holidays, going to football and basketball games with my guy friends because their girlfriends hated sports (are they stupid -- I NEVER paid to go to a game!!), sunbathing on top of the dorms, climbing through phone boxes between the rooms when we got locked out, watching the mountains and listening to John Denver, The Carpenters, Chicago, and Carole King over and over, and yes, I went to class - I loved walking down the hill past Heritage Halls and watching everyone stop for the Star Spangled Banner in the morning, around 8:00. Those were wonderful times!!! Have to close and get some sleep. Another day of teaching tomorrow, and oh, yes, I will begin 22 parent conferences!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to our family trip to the zoo this weekend.
Cute kid with haircut!
My dorm at BYU before demolition.
Cute kid with haircut!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Ah yes...because of you they put holes in the trash cans and the windows only opened a few inches. Long live DT memories!
-Mandy
Bev: Thanks for all the DT memories! They were wonderful. Some of my best were the 46th Branch, the "special" tables in the
Morris Center, the homecoming parade, the fight song and of course...the friends. Thanks for being one of mine all these years and thanks for sharing...
Silly BYU!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment