Saturday, May 31, 2008
A busy month
Whew, I'm not sure where May went, but it was filled with a lot of activity! I didn't realize that it's been so long since I've posted. Where to begin. Hmm. Mike and Tiffany came back from Seattle on May 12. Mike and Zach came on one plane and Tiffany on the other. Late at night. So I took Zach home with me, and Mike waited on Tiffany's plane. They were here until May 24th. Actually, they were supposed on leave on May 20, but Zach's visa was slow in coming, so their plans were changed. We spent as much time together as we could, going to the Commissary, cooking out, having a picnic at Swan Lake, going to Charleston for a cookout with Travis and Amber, and they went to see Nathan and Ashley in Beaufort to say good-bye. I completely stopped doing anything with school except going to teach. It was good to finally be out of my grad classes so I could spend more time with them. Then I got a surprise --- Bethany and Keith cancelled their extremely lengthy drive all over the Northwest and came home instead! So they got to see Tiff, Mike and Zach again before they left, too. The slideshow below has pics of Tiff and Mike's visit, and the one above is Bethany and Keith's visit. The latest slideshow is a trip Bruce and I took this weekend. I finished my report cards so I could take the weekend off, and we went to Loris (home of Bruce's latest hobby of guns), and of course, he was nice enough to take me to MYRTLE BEACH!! We were only 15 miles away, and I will never miss a chance to go to the beach. We drove down to one of the outlets so he could get some shorts, went to the mall so I could go to Penney's wonderful sale and find some clothes for our ever-growing Maggie Moo! Then we drove past the new Hard Rock Amusement Park. That whole area that used to be Waccamaw Pottery (I miss it!) has really changed and has new freeways, etc. Then we took 17 down to see where our new timeshare is. Yes, Bruce got a timeshare where we have a choice of a week every other year and can be used to exchange for airline miles or two weeks at other places. (Hawaii!!) We evidently didn't drive far enough into the resort, but have the general idea. Then we went to Surfside Beach. It reminds me of a quaint beach town from the 60's. I really liked it. Pier, little restaurants and stores, and the waves were wonderful! We walked for about a half hour, got in the car, and went to Seafare Seafood Buffet. Bruce loves crab legs and I am a shrimp fanatic, so this was a special treat. We skipped lunch so we could enjoy it. There are 120 items on the buffet. They also have everyone in pirate outfits, and a live mermaid in the pond to welcome you. Afterwards, we meandered through Murrells Inlet and drove home through Georgetown. Really nice day and we enjoyed having some time together. So, bracing for the last week of school, including Field Day, end of year party, awards, completing permanent records, and packing up my classroom. All has to be done by around 2 on Friday. Next Saturday I am sleeping in!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Me, me! Take me to Hawaii! :) How many steps on your pedometer yesterday?!
Post a Comment