Sunday, December 09, 2012

TIme running slow and fast

Here we are at the end of 2012 and I wish I could get a normal schedule.  (Does that exist?)  I feel overwhelmed at work, get tired of coming home to an empty house, exhausted, etc.  I love being here at the new house on the weekend, but it goes so fast an then it's time to leave.  Not really wanting to any more.
I am looking forward so much to 2013.  This year has been one of lots and lots of changes, good and bad.  Losing my mom has made my outlook on the holidays different, that's for sure.  I'm scaling back (too hard with two houses), and trying not to go through the stressful schedule.  It's the least amount of ornaments I've ever put on the tree, but I have enough decorations up at the new house to make it "Christmasy."  The house in Sumter remains without any, but I might scrounge a few up.
There have been lots of people leaving Earth this year that were in my life one way or another.  Dad's cousins, Joan and Tommy--the last of his cousins.  Only he and Uncle Gene are left from the Stonekings.  One of my dearest friends, Bonnie Martinelli.  Without her, I'm not sure we would have come through Bethany's operation at Chapel Hill as well as we did.  My Gamecock and college friend, Pam Porter.  We went through Carolina together, began teaching at the same time, and did our Master's together.  She suffered a lot in the past few years, but 54 is just too young to go, especially with grandkids.  Then Bruce lost a cousin our age (that makes you think!),
We did have happy moments, too.  Gaining Harper, our new little granddaughter was probably next to a miracle.  Lots could have gone wrong, but thankfully didn't.  We were able to see all of our kids/grandkids (and the ones far away at least twice), and I've been able to check in on my Dad--from the funeral in April, then July, September, and November.  Won't be able to see him again until the end of March, so I'm praying we will be able to have him with us for a few more years.  Maybe the Hensley genes will prevail and he will live until 98 like Granny!!
So I better get off here and do my Christmas letter, lesson plans, grade papers, load the car, etc., etc.  Bring on the New Year, a new job, and Bruce and I under one roof!!!

No comments: