So much has happened in the past two years. I think I will do an update with each year to make sure I have it down!!
Today I went to church, 10 minute early, and discovered no one was there!! My visiting teacher pulled in behind me, expecting to go to church, too! We decided it was Stake Conference in Florence (which was beginning in 5 minutes, 60 miles away!) So I left, watching another brother pull in to the church parking lot, too.
Going to two different wards in two different stakes and not really "being" in either one is crazy and not very exciting. I'll be glad to be in the Charleston Ward in the Charleston stake!!
I learned about two new butterflies that are on my bush in the courtyard. One is a Gulf Fulliary (I think that's spelled wrong) and a long-tailed skipper. I had never seen him before. I do love my butterflies and will make sure we have a lot of them in the new house.
It's been 16 months since we started living apart and it's beginning to wear me down. I didn't mind it too much last year, as we would drive all over Charleston, looking at houses, getting familiar with the locale, etc. Now being back in a regular classroom, all the new procedures at school, and having two households just wears me out. Most of the weekend here in Sumter is spent watching Bruce sleep and me just unwind.
We are packing up the trailer today. Bruce will take the bed from Tiffany's room, some tools from his garage and one of the pieces of our sectional. That will make the family room look bigger and more light will come in from the windows.
It's weird not decorating a house for Halloween. The decorations are in Charleston and the house is still not set up except for Bruce's garages, a part of the kitchen (will be redoing it, as Bruce just threw things in the cupboards to clean up the counter), and the bathrooms.
The "beach" room is painted. He's just adding to some shelves in the closet. We are lucky to have customized closets, but I only need a small rack for hanging clothes. Need shelves for my breakable Christmas decorations (not many). The paint is a very pale aqua which will look great with the lime green and aqua decor. And the furniture is cream. Can't wait to see it finished!
The other bedroom has a high ceiling and paladium window. It's going to be the office. I LOVE the color I picked out. It's Valspar's Summer Cottage.
The carpet will be in soon. It's called Magic Fresh brand, which is guaranteed stain-free for 20 years!! The color is "pop" and is basically a neutral sand color with specks of color in it. Reminds me of the beach with shells. Level loop berber with tight weave.
As soon as the carpet is in, we'll set up the beach room. Then the master bedroom is going to be Palisades Blue, which is more like the house color in the picture above. Bright white trim. It has a high ceiling with a room off it and a high paladium window. Love the light!!
We have to put skylights in the great room. Originally the house had an open porch, right off the great room with two sets of sliding doors. Well, they closed in the porch and put big windows in it, but we want more light, hence the skylights.
I love my piece of heaven on earth!






2 comments:
I fell out of my chair to see this update. Just kidding. :)
Hey, you've got a few more grandkids to add to the banner up top!
whoo-hooo! nice update, momma! blogs are like journals - so make sure you keep it up!!!
I like the new house - can't wait to come visit!
Post a Comment