Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break!

Whew! I can't seem to get enough sleep. But I'm making some progress with the house. The foyer, bathrooms, and kitchen floor are clean. I have taken 2 bags of clothes to the Salvation Army, and am trying to get to the Commissary, grade all of my papers, and help Travis and Amber move.
On Monday I stayed home and worked around the house, catching up with mail, email, etc. Bruce thought I was at work! He forgot about Spring Break. On Tuesday, Tiffany was able to cancel the last leg of her flight to Charleston, so Bruce and I went to Charlotte to get her and Zach. I think Zach was glad to see us! He loves the planes taking off and landing. We got to Sonic so they could eat and drove home, getting there just after Jeff did. Dumb me! I didn't take any pics while he was here! But we had a good time. Bruce and I took him to Mariachi's for dinner. I love those Fiesta Burritos (Mandy and Brandon --- you need to come back and have one!) Then we talked for a couple of hours and finally went to sleep. Yesterday Tiffany woke up sick, so Jeff and I ran some stuff to the Salvation Army, I dropped off my water bill and we went to walk at Dillon Park. The sign says it's a mile, but we think it's more like a mile and a half. We walked 3 miles, went to Sonic for lunch, and came back home. Just enjoyed visiting, and then he and I went to Sambino's for supper. Ha! I get to have Senior Citizen prices now!!! :) Jeff loved the meal, especially their famous rolls. We came home and watched a DVD that Bruce burned for me. My all-time favorite show of WKRP's Thanksgiving episode, It still makes me laugh!!! I showed him some pictures of churches where our ancestors went in Cincinnati. I hope to find all the ones where our gggrandparents were married. It's interesting to trace the religions. On my mom's side, they were all German churches.
So Jeff left today to go to Folly Beach for breakfast and then Daytona, Miami, and Orlando. Would have loved to have gone with him to see HEART!! Too much to do here. Will be gearing up for my Tim McGraw concert on May 16.
Findlay Market where my great grandfather, Fred Schneider, was the first sauerkraut maker in Cincinnati
Salem United Church of Christ where my gggrandparents, Leonard and Barbara Pfoertner attended church (probably where my great grandfather, Michael John Mehring was christened).
St. Paul United Church of Christ where my gggrandparents Leonard and Barbara Pfoertner Mehring, were married December 17, 1855.
Grammer's German Restaurant opened here in 1872 and closed a few years ago. Many of our family ate there, and I would have loved to!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What??! No pics of Uncle J?!

Nate, Ashley & Hannah said...

P.S. Your son also got married!