Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday!

Ok, the weather is going crazy again. Last night it went down to 36. Today it was only 50, but the wind was blowing, in spite of a blue, cloudless sky with plenty of sunshine.

I decided I needed to be outside, away from schoolwork, etc. So after starting the laundry, changing the water in the frog aquarium (one died this week), changing the bed, etc., I went out to pick up all the branches that had fallen this winter from the trees.

Bruce had a burn pile going, so we burned them and then I got on the tractor to cut the grass. It would take longer, as this was the first cutting. I went once on the highest setting and then moved it down to cut some more. I took some before and after pictures. I love the wildflowers (especially the purple ones! But it was time to cut grass. The smell of the wild onions is delightful!! Just having fresh cut grass is super.

Before

After

Another after shot

We are watching the March Madness. I was sad that BYU and Ohio State lost. (And glad that Clemson and Utah lost!) But my final four are still in there! Kansas, Connecticut, North Carolina, and Duke. I pick Kansas and UNC to go for the title with UNC winning. Go Tarheels!!

Tomorrow will be church and lots of schoolwork. I have to take one day off from it, so it is usually Saturday and I normally don't start until Sunday night, but I have two grad classes this week, report cards due, two meetings on boys that need some testing, and the regular hassle of lesson plans and some undisciplined boys!

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

BYU choked. Makes me so mad.