
I definitely won't be able to post every day! But that's ok. At least I'm posting! Thursday our kids at school were wild!!! Mine were better yesterday, but they always are, because we test until lunch, go to recess, and then have Fun Friday. I had them make Turkey "Wanted" posters yesterday to put up around the school. I think they did a pretty good job. Bruce worked Thursday night, so I did my Relief Society music for November and my newsletter. Fell asleep watching tv and then managed to get to bed. Friday after work I met my friends from Cherryvale for POETS meeting at Ruby Tuesdays. I got a chicken quesedilla. Good, but felt a little "out of place" at the gathering. Someone new had their husband there, so it wasn't the old "gang" and Karen wasn't there. I think I will wait until she goes again. Or maybe even go out to Cherryvale some Friday and help her reshelve books and then go out. But not until after the holidays!
I went to Penneys, which is dangerous! But I did get Maggie a really cute chocolate brown jumper with a pale pink top, two nightgowns for Ryleigh, a body suit for Ryleigh and a top that I evidently already got Zach! I think I will wait until Tiff comes to get anything else for him. That way we can pick out together. And will probably wait for the after Christmas sales in California! I MUST get my ticket today to go out there! I never seem to be able to do it after work. We went to Shoney's in Manning last night. Bruce had the seafood buffet. I got my usual of Slim Jim, and we got the onion rings, but the onion rings were all dried out. The Slim Jim was "ok." They took it off our bill. Nice drive down and back. I'm ready to stay home, though. We've been gone for three weekends!
Bruce had someone come and look at the heating system. We should have a bid on Monday and then he can decide which to go with. But we will have heat by Thanksgiving! Hopefully a new front door, too!!
Travis will be up next weekend to help with the fence. The yard is now fenced from the back of the garden by Halls, around the corner, over to the Shreve's yard, and they should be able to finish it to the side of the house by our bedroom. Then there's just from the dining room side, over to the side line, down to the garden and connecting to the back. It will be so nice! I think Bruce will then get a dog, but I'm in no hurry. Cats are less work!!
Bruce is working today at Advance. Third day this week. But he will be home after 1 or so. I am going to get off here in a minute to finish the last two loads of wash, and start cleaning out Travis's old room of paperwork. Have to work on dining room and get the Halloween decorations down and the Thanksgiving ones up. I love Thanksgiving!!!!
Well, off to clean and have just Science to do for lesson plans. Ugh! I hate the way we have to teach it. I hope to plan all the way to Christmas with it, as my other plans go faster. Then I have to grade about 6 sets of papers while I watch the Carolina game. It would be great if we could somehow beat Arkansas!





1 comment:
I remember doing the Turkey posters at all my schools - it was always a hit with students AND teachers! I didn't know you guys were putting in a fence. That's cool. I'll be home to see it in November of 2008 for our family reunion. ;)
Post a Comment