
Better update! The Thanksgiving decorations are now up. That means I will be doing nothing but going through boxes, etc. getting the dining room and living room ready. Travis will be here soon to spend the weekend helping Bruce get the fence in. It will be nice to have a fenced in back yard so no one rides bikes through it again!
Well, I missed the Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood concert, but I will survive! I went to a new doctor here in Sumter on Thursday. I don't care for Tuomey hospital, but this doctor seems to be good, and I need one here in case of accident, illness, etc. I will be going to get my cholesterol checked next week and to a dermatologist to figure out why I have a small cyst on my bottom eyelid. Yuck!
Yesterday I seemed to be going a hundred miles an hour at school. We had Muffins for Moms (somehow my school called it Moms for Muffins -- guess there is some kind of campaign going one!). We had to park on the playground and then go and move our cars on break. Seems like the parents should have parked there. They would have been gone by recess and we wouldn't have had to "protect" the cars of 12 teachers who didn't go move them!
Anyway, I had 5 parents show out of 19. Par. It went ok. But I made sure we were done by 9 for them to go to Related Arts. We took our tests afterward, but from 1-2 they were just wild with sugar and after effects of full moon! So we watched A Mouse on the Mayflower.
When I got home, Bruce and I drove to Camden so he could get this gazebo canopy he found for the back. It's nice. But it wouldn't fit right in the car! It was about 6 or 7 feet long. We put the back seats down and he was going to tie it and have the hatchback up. About 2-3 feet hanging out the back. No way! I suggested we put the passenger seat down in the front, push it all the way up and I would ride in the back seat!
Naturally, I got to go to Target at Clemson Road! Went to the dollar spot and got a little tree, ornaments, lights and a star for the top for my classroom. Glad it's battery operated, as I only have 3 plugs in my classroom! They need to upgrade! Also got a toy for Zach for Christmas. My office is adorned with Christmas presents!
We went to eat at Ruby Tuesdays on Garners Ferry Road. So much nicer than Sumter's! Because our meal was being delayed (Bruce and everyone else ordered fish!) they gave us the salad bar free. I ordered the half turkey sandwich with broccoli and cheese soup. Somehow I ended up with a bowl of soup, a whole sandwich and the dreaded fries! I ate some of the fries, but the soup and sandwich were so good! Especially after a day of weight watcher meals and water!
We came home, watched Ghost Whisperer, and I fell asleep in the "chair of death." Bruce had gone to bed! So this morning I am doing laundry, updating this and reading email and now must face the boxes!!!
We were thinking about this being Veterans Day and that it's been 16 years ago today that Grandpa Hildreth passed away. Hard to believe. We miss him. Never wanted anyone to know that he really had a heart of gold. But I was glad that I got to be a daughter-in-law for 14 years anyway. I wish my kids had been able to have him around longer and get to know him better.






2 comments:
This is why I love it that you are blogging...I now have that picture saved on my computer! And all the other kids who read the blog can do the same thing! Thanks for posting it!!
Wow is that dad....no wait its grandpa! I forgot about that picture! Cool
Post a Comment