Monday, January 21, 2008

Holiday with Budd

Snuggling to get warm!
Thanks, Aunt Amber!
Hurry, Mom, it's cold!
Buddies
Too cold to be outside!
Chilling out
"Downtown" Folly
Example of house
More of Folly Beach
Crossing over to Folly Beach
Travis, Bruce and I were all off work today, so we took Tiffany and Zach and headed to Charleston. Too cold for crabbing, too cold for CharlesTowne Landing, so we met up at the Tanger Outlets. Lunch was calizones at an Italian restaurant (sorry, I forgot the exact name -- it's late!!). Then we drove past a house that Travis and Amber are considering buying. Nice neighborhood, nice yard and CLOSE to the boat landin! (less than a mile and only 65 to Nathan's!!) http://www.prudentialcarolina.com/2733845
Then we drove along River Road to Folly Beach to scout out a couple of houses for the Hildreth Family Christmas 08! Got a feel for the place and saw some possibilities. Bruce and Travis are working on this part. Drove back to the Tanger Outlets so Amber could meet up with us on her lunch break. (Wish we could have spent more time together!) We got Zach a couple of cute shirts at Old Navy for Valentine's Day. (Hard to find for little boys!) One says "Stud Muffin" and the other "Mommy Stole My Heart." Aunt Amber got him a football which he gleefully rolled around the store. It was so cold!! Sumter was 19 degrees this morning and Charleston's high was around 39. So, around 4 we started heading back to Sumter. When we got to Lake Marion we noticed what I thought was a cold front in the direction of Sumter. Nope! It was the old Williams Furniture warehouse on FIRE!!! Could see the smoke for miles! Those familiar with The Item and WIS-TV can read about it online. Graded benchmark tests all the way to Charleston and back. And for another 3-1/2 hours tonight. Grades are due on Wednesday morning. I'll be up late again. I have bus duty this week, graduate class tomorrow night, have made refreshments for grad class tomorrow night. Won't hear from me until later this week! (How I long to get out of the classroom).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's much better when you put pics up like that!!
Glad you guys had fun. Seeing pics of the ocean makes me homesick. Oh well. Stuck in the desert for now.

Mandy said...

You need to work smarter, not harder! :) I never worked as hard as you as a teacher...even at Lemira. Oh well, you are almost done. Loved the pics!