Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Emotional Week and a Fond Farewell

Bethany has been in the hospital since Saturday, and thank goodness, she is going home tonight (even though I worry about her being by herself!!!) It turns out she had an infected intestine (which sounds so very painful). It's been hard to concentrate this week being so far away and not being able to see her and be with her. Momma's never stop worrying! And then on Monday, Keith's "Grandmama" Hair passed away after a hard battle with cancer. What a sweet, kind, and sincere lady. Keith flew home on Tuesday to attend the funeral. Of course, we worried having Bethany alone in the hospital. Mandy was going to fly down to be with her, but then a virus came and she and the girls were sick. (Maggie, didn't that happen when it was time to go to Hawaii, too???????) :) Through emails, love, and prayers, we were strengthened and Bethany is now doing much better. We sure missed seeing her with Keith at the funeral, but were so glad we could go and be there for the Hair family. I will always remember Grandmama's comments to me when Keith and Bethany got married, "Bethany is such a beautiful girl and we are so happy that she is going to be a part of our family." Like I said, she was always so gracious and exemplified a true gospel-like life. We became very fond of and respected her very much, and enjoy spending time with Keith's parents, James and Dianne. Very special people. So here are some pictures I took so Bethany could see what a beautiful, sunny day it was. Grandmama planned out her funeral, and I think she pulled some strings so that the rain from last night moved on. :)











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the pictures, Mom! Makes saying goodbye to Grandmama a little easier. She was an amazing woman and after seeing those pictures, I have no doubt she demanded a sunny day for her funeral-especially January in SC isn't always that great!

Mandy said...

That's so nice that you could go to the funeral.