Sunday, February 03, 2008

Revitalizing weekend



So on Friday, after about 3 hours of sleep, I went to work, got a lot done, kept the kids hopping all day, and came home so Tiffany and I could go to Target and Sam's. Her card was expiring the next day and she doesn't want to renew it, so we waited until Zach got up from his nap (late!) and went. Target has some of the cutest things in their dollar spot and I got some Valentine goodies for the kids and family. Nothing much, just a little reminder we love them! And since I won't see any of them before Valentine's Day, I will have to mail them! At Sam's we found a Super Bowl cake. Got home after 8, found out Ghost Whisperer was a rerun because of the writer's strike (I'll write for you at $200,00 a year and won't ask for more!), so we just relaxed and went to bed. Yesterday we slept in until 9. What a week it was! Cleaned up the kitchen, paid some bills, and watched President Hinckley's funeral. What a beautiful day it was in Salt Lake!!! It reminded me of our wedding day in 1976. We got married on January 16th, and it was absolutely sunny and beautiful!! I didn't even have to put a coat on! Anyway, I am determined to go to the Salt Lake Cemetery next time I'm there. I didn't realize so many Presidents and other notables from the Church are buried there. I'm sad to lose President Hinckley, (my first car was from Hinkley Dodge in Salt Lake!) but happy for the wonderful reunion in heaven with his sweet, sweet wife that he missed so terribly. He worked so tirelessly for so many years. A long, productive life. We changed the family around so it is lighter and Zach has more floor space to play and can see out of the windows where I can watch him. Bruce cleaned out the coat closet. It was a disaster!!! Found places where Pewter left her mark!!! All cleaned up now. My next project has to be my office. Lots for Salvation Army, and today I will go through paperwork. Does it ever end?
Yesterday Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow -- 6 more weeks of winter! Actually, I'm waiting for it to begin here!! Bring on the snow! It's been crazy weather. Sometimes the high is in the 30's, then it's 60's, doesn't make sense. We need a day of snow where everything shuts down. I miss that about Ohio. Everyone stays home with a fire in the fireplace and warm soup and homemade bread. mmmmmm......
Have a really sore throat today and I think I'm getting sick. Stayed home while the rest of the family went to church so I can prevent major sickness. I'm' glad I made food for the Super Bowl yesterday. Don't feel like doing cooking today. We will have sandwiches, cheeseball, little smokies, an onion dip, tortilla chips, salsa, salad, and the cake. Not sure who I will cheer for. I like the Mannings, but geez, do we need back to back quarterback sons winning the Super Bowl? Just how much money does one family need? jk I LOVE Tom Brady and would love to see New England have a flawless season. Love Boston, love New York, love that it's an EAST COAST game!!! Have to see how my heart feels at the beginning of the game. So sad, though. It's another 6 months until football starts again!!! :(
I also have mounds of schoolwork to do. It was exhausting going to teach everyday, worrying about Bethany, going to the funeral, grad class, and meetings. So now I have to pay for it and grade, plan and write lesson plans.
Just grateful I didn't have bus duty at 7:15 every day. Won't have it again until March. Then just one week in April and I'll be done with it.
Zach has begun a new practice of coming over, grabbing my hand, leading by my pointer finger to what he wants. He's funny!



New family room arrangement

View from Ft. Bruce door -- with toys! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Family room looks brighter - but it's so sad to cover up the woodstove!!!

Mandy said...

Looks good! I wish I could give you all of our snow. I'm sick of it.