My modest husband won't brag on himself, so I will!! He was nominated for the Civilian of the Year (there are 1700 of them) for the 20th Fighter Wing at Shaw. Last week the nominees were treated to publicity photos, tours, a steak and shrimp lunch by the city of Sumter, trophies, etc.
Bruce had to go to Columbia the night of the awards program (I was sad), and it turned out HE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Along with a check, a glass trophy, and some "goodies" he also was given four tickets to the USC basketball game on Feb. 23!!! At first he said to me, "Do you want to take 3 of your friends and go??" Oh, no, Mr. Alumni, you are going too!!!! Anyway, we are very proud of him and his application package has now gone on to the 9th Air Force competition. If he wins at that level, then it's an even larger competition.
We love him!!





2 comments:
Yeay, Dad! Good job!! Very proud. :) After all, you ARE the smartest person I know! (shhhh - don't tell Keith!)
Congrats, Dad!!!! Ditto what Bethany said, including the "don't tell Keith part" LOL!
Post a Comment