Monday, September 08, 2008

Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it (I'm not grinning!!)

Over the weekend I bit into my grilled hamburger made by Bruce, and broke my temporary partial!!! Of course it was the front tooth and the one next to it. Ugh! This on top of chest congestion didn't make for a great weekend, but it was good to have Travis with us. I even made him some "Tas-t-O's!"

Then I find out Mike and Tiffany had a tornado in Italy!! Thank goodness the worst part missed them and everything is fine.

Mandy says I need to indent my paragraphs, so I will! Sunday night I mustered up enough energy to get out the lesson plans to write. As luck would have it, the movie "Scarlet" was on!!! It's the sequel to "Gone with the Wind," so that worked!

Got up this morning, went to work with no teeth, taught all day, went to my Math grad class, left there for the funeral home (a sweet lady at church lost her husband -- I've known her for 25 years), then went back to school for PTO and to host 7 parents, my students and about 7 toddlers for a writing workshop. I'm lucky I have good parents that are supportive. They wanted to know if their kids were giving me any problems!

I was watching Talledega Nights when Bruce went to bed, and I realized I had forgotten about the CMA Music Festival that was on. I watched a few acts, and ended with the awesome Rascal Flatts!!

Today is a special day for Bruce and I. It was 33 years ago today (on a Monday) that we decided to get married. And tomorrow was the day he came down to Cincinnati, took me out to dinner at the Sovereign at Queens Tower and proposed to me at Mt. Echo. What a sweetie!!! (Of course my rings were in the glove compartment!)

It just so happened that we got engaged on my great grandpa Hacker's birthday (the one with the red hair), who was born on September 9, 1889. Here are some pics of those special places.

The restaurant was in the bottom of this building and overlooked downtown Cincinnati from the Price Hill area.

Park where we got engaged.

View of Cincinnati from park.

Night skyline of Cincinnati. Revolving restaurant in Kentucky to right was where we went on our 2nd anniversary.

Engagement photo in front of pavilion ( who are those kids????)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Awwwwwwwwwww so sweet. :) Not about the teeth, though. Sheesh.

Unknown said...

Very cute pic of you and dad 33 years ago! Too funny!