Monday and Tuesday weren't bad at all. I had plans ready to go and kept my kids busy all the time!!
I was sad to see Ohio State lose the football game on Monday night. I just knew they could win. I haven't done well with any picks this postseason.
Since I don't have early morning bus duty any more (another teacher and I traded -- she does mornings and I do afternoons), I can get more done when I get to school. So the week went pretty well, until I had to do Science experiments on minerals. I have to really take deep breaths on these. I like doing them, but not all kids are cut out for it. One day someone dumped over a whole desk of minerals and I just said, "It's all going away, now!"
As the week went one, I completed all but one Benchmark test, completed all but one Science experiment and managed to get through full moon, change in the barometer, and post-holiday nonsense. (Anyone who doesn't believe in the full moon change in children and the barometer one, is welcome to come in my classroom!
Watched Oklahoma get beat by Florida on Thursday night. I really don't care for Florida's attitudes or rough playing. Just a feather for SEC. I felt bad for Oklahoma, because I still think Tim Tebow is overrated.
On Friday, I was out the door pretty fast. Bruce and I went with another couple to the Old Schoolhouse Bar-B-Q in Scranton, SC. It's about 40 miles toward the beach and is really in an old schoolhouse!! I like just looking at the interior of it. Loved the barbecue (not sure about strong vinegar sauce), and enjoyed the company. The drive over and back was pretty because the moon was so bright!!
Saturday, I was TIRED!!! I did keep up the job of taking down Christmas decorations, sorting, and stowing. Bruce wanted to go eat out, but I decided I just wanted to stay home! Did lots of laundry, watched some movies, cleaned up some more and rested. Then I made a HUGE mistake of microwaving popcorn. Forgetting it was a small bag, I just pressed the "popcorn" button on the microwave. I came back to find white smoke POURING out of the microwave and the bag just about on fire!! I quickly got it outside, we opened all the windows, the front door, and I lit some candles.
Today we went to Sacrament Meeting, but I didn't last the other two hours. I haven't felt that well, and Bruce was coughing again. We're just getting old! I have yet to begin grading and our grades are due in on Thursday. Fortunately, we have no students on Thursday or Friday, but I do want to have Thursday to work in my room and get lesson plans done. We found out I left one of the jar candles burning all night and again today while we were at church. But all was well. Just a dumb thing to do!
Tomorrow and Tuesday I start classes again. This is the last semester. I'm hoping Bruce can keep going on the dissertation. It's a "need to do" thing.
Wanted to post a picture of the moon, but it's cloudy and you can't even see the stars.
Will write again later.
By the way, the music you hear is "Colour My World" by Chicago (we played it at our wedding reception), and "Could It Be Magic," our wedding song. Want to go to the beach this weekend, but it may SNOW!!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
You guys take care of yourselves! Yes, you are getting older - you can't run around like 30-somethings any more! Hahaha! Kidding! (Kinda!)
Yes, PLEASE take extra good care of my babies' grandparents!!!! (That's YOU!)
Post a Comment