Saturday, January 24, 2009

Boat Show!!

We left early this morning for Charleston, stopping on the way at Cracker Barrel in Santee for a take out breakfast. We have begun to split an order of food. Less taking in, feel better. We got a ham, egg, and cheese skillet. I left the onions and peppers for Bruce. Also had some hash browns. Tasted good with the cranberry juice!

We got to Travis's right after 9, and left in his car. (Sure wish Nathan could have been there, we missed him!!!)

The skies were pretty much overcast and on and off rain. There weren't as many boats as last year, evidence of the economy, but we found one we like and Travis likes the 25 ft. Carolina skiff. Also saw one that Nathan wants to get. It's fun to look and I got some fish tattoos, a fish activity sheet, and two posters for my classroom from the DNR, so hey, it was worth it!

I knew that Rascal Flatts was playing there tonight (North Charleston Colesium), so I had Travis drive around the parking lot, looking for the trucks, motor homes, etc. Oh, yeah!! They have 13 eighteen wheelers and about 6 or 7 motor homes!! I would have loved to gone and knocked on the door. I love their concerts and their music!!

After the boat show, we went to Red Orchid, a Chinese restaurant. Got a sampler, Bruce and I split sweet and sour chicken, and Travis got a neat walnut chicken. I also had Won Ton Soup.

Then we headed to the Citadel Mall. Last day for the Big Bath and Body Works sale!! (I happened to notice at home that I probably should have another bottle of body spray, and I got a free one, so that worked!)

Penney's had a huge clearance, and if you bought an item, you got one free!! I got Maggie two tops for her Valentine package, two storage drawers for my bathroom, and two ceramic pumpkins for Thanksgiving next year!

Visited Target's dollar spot for some Super Bowl items and a heart candle holder, ice cube tray, and kitchen towels for Valentine's Day.

Bruce and Travis had visited Hallmark and found that the really nice ornaments were going for $1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travis and Bruce got root beer floats at Holy Cow and Travis tried his hand at the claw machine. No luck!

We then headed to Costco so Travis could get dog food. Also found some good Mexican cheese.

Stopped at Lowe's where I found some pansies at half price for my flower box out front, and picked up some paint samples for our bedroom. Way overdue for that!

We ambled over to an abandoned plantation house near the Ashley. I will be looking that one up!

After changing cars, we decided to head over to the shooting range. Poor Bruce, the place has a CWP class every Saturday at 5, no available lane, no shooting. I promised him we would go there first next time on a Saturday morning. He has a membership and really wants the boys to go with him.

Decided to take the back route home through Goose Creek and Moncks Corner. By this time it is 6:00 and Bruce is hungry. We stopped at Bi-Lo, and he got us some fruit, tortilla wraps, and a drink.

Still rainy and now foggy. We only saw one deer, and that was right before Manning. More dense fog coming up 521 (four lanes from Manning to Sumter!)

Pretty tired tonight, but enjoyed the day and it's such a nice break from school stress!! Pics are below!!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

That's cool seeing the Rascal Flatts stuff. They are coming out here soon. At least, the radio keeps giving away tix, so I'm assuming.