I get very excited when I receive email from distant cousins. This past week I was elated when the granddaughter of my great grandmother's sister contacted me. The Baker family has been relatively "quiet" during my family history research. I loved my great grandmother, Lucy Ann Baker Stoneking very much and she was the first relative I lost. Donna, my distant cousin (I can never remember how many or how far removed), sent a picture of Lucy's parents, Baswell and Betsy Belle Michaels Baker. I have been to their graves in Donnellsville, Ohio, and had one picture that my grandmother gave to me while I was a teenager for my "Treasures of Truth" book. Since those photos are now scarce, I was excited then, and have always cherished it. The picture Donna sent was taken earlier in their lives. They just remind me of the kind of grandparents you could squeeze -- they are so cute and All American! The picture I have was taken sometime between the death of my great grandfather, James Stoneking, in 1936 and Baswell's death in 1940. Donna also sent a photo of her grandmother, Pearl, Lucy's sister. I couldn't believe how much she reminded me of my great aunt (Lucy's daughter) Millie. Anyway, here are pictures of Baswell and Betsy Belle Michaels Baker (older one and then newer one), and James Christopher and Lucy Ann Baker Stoneking.


Baswell Baker

Betsy Belle Michaels Baker

James Christopher Stoneking, b. 1870, d. 1936

Lucy Ann Baker Stoneking b. 1885, d. 1964
All of them have been recorded on findagrave.com
No comments:
Post a Comment