Today I found a couple that I wanted to put here. The first one is my great grandparents' farmhouse in North Bend, Ohio, right before it was torn down. They bought the land in 1900 and the last ownership by our family was in 1988. I don't remember the house as much as the fact that it had an iron fence outside with lilacs planted by it.
Every time I smell lilacs, I think of my Grandma Lucy Ann Baker Stoneking. I go by the farm every summer when I go home.

The second photo is one of my Grandma Elsie Hacker Stoneking, holding Tiffany in December of 1984. Bethany, my little tomboy is wearing her brother, Nathan's T-ball hat (Lions).





2 comments:
Man. I seriously remember LOVING my Carebear overalls!!! And yes - always a tomboy!
I'm glad to see a picture of the farm house - I always wondered what it looked like!
Looks like someone had sponge rollers in their hair!
Post a Comment