Tuesday, February 10, 2009

When is the weekend?????????????????????????

This week is dragging!! Yesterday I taught, had afternoon bus duty, had refreshements for my grad class (thumbprint cookies, pretzel treats, chocolate marshmallow cookies (a huge hit), and wedding cookies. Then we had PTO right after and the 3rd graders were performing, meeting in my room, I led them down to the cafeteria and led them in one of the songs. Got home at 7:30.

Today there were three parents with concerns about their kids, talking to the principal. In addition to having new phone numbers, it was minor stuff. Talked on the phone with two of them after school for a half hour, went to class and Bruce called. Oh, great. I forgot he was going to the retina specialist. Turns out it was a small torn retina, and they did laser surgery. He's good to go. (Too much on my plate--- I can't believe I forgot!!)

We ate a quick dinner at IHOP and came home. I took pictures of the wine-faced pansies I have at the end of the sidewalk, checked my email, will take a shower and try to finish the rest of the papers so parents can have a progress report.

It's full moon, and even thought it's been beautiful at night, my class has been pinging off the wall!!

Looking forward to a weekend!! Will watch American Idol and Biggest Loser tonight and try to get to bed at 11.

Tiffany at the Hacker Farm Cemetery, Datha, Kentucky. Birthplace of her 3rd great grandfather, Mattison Hacker, 2nd great grandfather, Elbert Bradley Hacker, and great grandmother, Elsie Hacker Stoneking. Standing near "Granny" Elizabeth Hensley Hacker's grave. Born October 20, 1870, died May, 1968.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm glad dad's eye was an easy fix.

The flowers are so pretty! I wish we had spring. :(

Bruce (The Dad) said...

I am glad you do a blog!

Bruce (The Dad) said...

Tell me again, WHEN is Valentine's day?