Afterwards, we began driving to Beaufort to see Nathan and Ashley. I took over driving because Bethany was navigating on her I-phone. We began to get on I-95 at Rt. 61 (Ashley River Road). Bad idea!!! It was the Sunday after Christmas and the freeway was backed up!
We got off at the next exit and had a nice drive through and around Walterboro. Note to self --- DON'T STOP AT THE MCDONALDS IN WALTERBORO. We ended up getting out of line and driving away. Kudos to the Sumter ones for being fast!
So we get to Nathan and Ashley's and find out Ashley is sick!! With an ear infection!! But it was good to see them and I know Bethany enjoyed being there. Per Bethany's wish, we went to Carolina Wings in Port Royal (took Ashley something home), and then returned to play Rock Band 2. Now, I'm not bragging, but I got a 100% on singing "Rage Against the Machine." Of course, to me all it takes is to keep the beat and just yell!!
Started back for Sumter around 9:00 and got home by 11:30. The next day we slept in some. Of course, Bethany had a lunch date with Cathy and the babies. So I hung out at home and got some things done.
Monday night she took Bruce and I to Logan's. (Sorry, Tiff, I know you are dying for some of their yeast rolls!)
Tuesday was packing day for Bethany, but she squeezed in lunch with Beth and a haircut!! We ate at home and hung out together.
Since I don't do well with early morning flights, I thought it would be better for Bruce and Bethany to go to the airport. Her flight left at 6:25!! Ahh! Anyway, she got safely to Reagan National and then to Las Vegas. I always track the kids' planes on the internet.
New Year's Eve was pretty quiet around here. We were too tired to go to the movies, so we opted to just have a quiet meal at home, watch TV and then stay up for midnight. Watched fireworks here in the neighborhood and had our year-old sparking grape juice toast. It was good!
The next day I took some sugar cookies (footballs), Ohio Buckeyes, peanut blossoms to Travis's and we watched the Carolina game. I hate when we lose!!! But the good thing was -- so did CLEMSON!! :)
We watched part of the Rose Bowl parade, too. Had lots of finger foods, and I insisted we play two games of Buzz! I love that game, especially when I pick sports category and drive Bruce and Travis crazy!
I did the driving home and it was a nice drive back. Not much traffic at all.
I don't remember much of the weekend, except that Bruce was excited to hit the 75% off Christmas deals (I was shopped out both physically and monetarily!!) But he got some really great deals on cute stuff for next year!
Sunday he began feeling bad again with his bronchitis, so I went to church alone, for all three hours. Then I had to psychologically get ready to go back to school. Ask me about tensing up and getting headaches on Sunday nights!!!





1 comment:
Bethany is addicted to that iphone...look at the last picture!
Post a Comment