Friday, January 02, 2009

Christmas Day

Since we opened gifts on Christmas Eve with Nathan, Ashley, Hannah, and Travis, we didn't even get up until 9 or so! We had a nice breakfast of bacon, eggs, and Tas-T-O's (danish pastry made by Mom). Travis said he wanted to put off Christmas dinner until Bethany came home. It was a really quiet day with Travis and I playing a little kareoke on the PlayStation and Bruce really sick in the bed. I felt bad for him!! I wanted him to go to the ER, but he decided to wait. Ugh!

We had a light supper, and then Travis and I took off for the airport. We were tracking Bethany's plane to Charlotte. It was foggy, and we worried that she might get diverted. We were at the intersection of I-77 and I-26 near the airport when a plane flew overhead. All of a sudden Bethany texted that she just landed. It was her!!

After circling a couple of times, we got her and were really glad she made it home! The ride home was full of talking, etc, and examining her new I-phone. She ate a nice plate of bacon, eggs, and Tas-T-O's and then we stayed up talking, etc. until quite late!!

My new bubble lights

There's our Vegas girl!!

A hug for Budd-- it's so good to be home!

No comments: