Whew!! I will have to rest for 3 days to catch up. We went to several stores today at the Mall. JC Penney to get Keith some shirts -- we actually got some for $2.97!!! I got a couple also. Then all 3 of us got coupons from Yankee Candle. Today was the last day for their super sale. $10 off $25. I got some cute things, but can't divulge at this time. Old Navy was on the journey, and of course, I found some CUTE shirts and dresses for Maggie and Ryleigh that were on sale. Got Bethany a couple of tops, too. On to a couple of stores looking for clothing for Bethany. She got some tops. Bath and Body Works was the last stop. I bowed out here. I have enough of that stuff to last until next year!! We ate at the Food Court. I had stromboli. Too much food!! We did a lot of walking to get it off. Then we went to Ethel M (better known as the M & M store!) Got some souvenirs. Went home for a quick nap and got ready for the REBA MCENTIRE concert!! Keith went with us to Lucille's Barbecue. Bethany and I decided to split an appetizer (I get really wound up before concerts), and Keith only got macaroni and baked beans!!) Keith went back home and we drove to Primm, Nevada, right on the California border, but we couldn't keep driving and pass the state line or it would be another 25 miles before we could turn around!!! We went into the Primm Resort and found out we were in the wrong place!! Quickly took the monorail to Buffalo Bill's and went into the arena. Nice venue! The opening act was actually Melissa Peterman, from Reba's show. She was pretty funny. Then Reba came out. I really like this lady -- she's cute, funny, a wonderful singer and used to be a TEACHER!!! Her concert was one of the shortest ones I've been to (an hour and a half), but she sang her heart out. I particularly liked "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia," "Somebody" and "Because of You." I would have liked to had her sing with Kelly Clarkson (they are going on tour later this fall), and she didn't sing "Whoever's in New England," which is my favorite. Her encore was "Fancy." She did an awesome concert and I think she's a neat lady. When we got outside, there were fireworks for us to watch. We went into Primm's Casino and got Haagen Daz Dazzlers. Refreshing, but unfortunately fattening!!! I will be going on massive diet next week! We drove home the 40 miles in to no time at all, and it was super to see the lights of Vegas!! I tried to take pictures, but it didn't work, so I'm posting one here from the Internet to give those of you who haven't been an idea of just how impressive it is!

Las Vegas strip

Skyline view
1 comment:
The concert was fun - but the last country music concert I'll ever go to!!!!! I don't mind Reba - she has red hair!
Post a Comment