We drove past the camper dealer because I wanted to show him the size I thought we should have, but believe it or not, he wants a bigger one!!
When we got back, I started downloading some more pictures of our trip here, but the electric went off twice!! We've had a transformer go out in the neighborhood, and now I think it's probably going to act up with each storm. Had candles on for a while.
Couldn't sleep, so I watched two teen movies about cheerleading. How boring!! Finally went to sleep, I think at 3.
This morning we got up and left for church in Summerville at the Oakbrook Ward. Everyone was pretty friendly, coming up and introducing themselves. After Sacrament meeting, we drove to Travis and Amber's (only 13 miles from Summerville), and ate breakfast (thanks, Amber!). We took them some gifts we brought them from our trip, and then got in their car to go to Beaufort to Nathan and Ashley's.
After snacking on one of Ashley's great appetizer trays, we gave them some gifts from the trip, too, and Dad rode with Nathan and Ashley and I rode with Travis and Amber to the Marine Museum at Parris Island. I got my magnet of the postage stamp of Iwo Jima, which I know would have been a lot more in DC!
On the way out of the base, we saw Nathan's fire station (I promptly waved to the guys on duty), and saw a lot of recruits in formation. We then drove to Bluffton to Cheeburger Cheeburger. I didn't realize how far it was from Beaufort, but I'm glad we went!! Nathan and Travis BOTH ate the one pound hamburger and got their pictures on the Wall of Fame!!!
After eating, we said good-bye to Nathan and Ashley and rode back to Charleston in Travis's car. Got back in our car in Charleston and yes, I drove back so Dad could sleep!!! Not a bad drive. Beautiful sunset and the top 20 Country Countdown was on!! Just wish it was closer to visit the boys and that we could stay longer on our visits. Maybe when Dad gets his dissertation finished!!
Some pics from Cheeburger Cheeburger (brand new restaurant!)
The family
Nathan's burger
They did it!
Nathan and Ashley





2 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun! Once I get to 145lbs, I'll tackle that one pounder too!
Holy crap (LOL) that's a lot of food!!!!! I don't know if Brandon could do it. I know I can't!!
Post a Comment