Saturday, April 04, 2009

The Sea, The Sea!!

This morning we left Sumter around 7:15 to drive to Charleston. We had made plans before Bethany got sick this week. Almost didn't go, but she was on the mend, and I really wanted to see the azaleas!

I dropped Bruce off at his shooting range (he really enjoys this!) and I went down the road to the Commissary at Charleston AFB. Well, I show my ID and was surprised when I found out I couldn't go on the base for 5 minutes or so! They did a security check with the "gates" that rise up out of the street!! Interesting!

I got everything on my list and then Bruce and Travis joined me for the last little bit. There is a lot better selection in Charleston than Shaw, so I like shopping there!

We drove both cars to Travis's house, emptied groceries from the car so my refrigerated things wouldn't spoil, and went to go eat at the local Italian eatery, only to find --- it was too early and they were closed!

We opted for O'Charley's. Wish they had one in Sumter!

We debated on going to Ft. Johnson. I really want to see where the Civil War began! But it was closed, so we went to Beachwalk Park, which is part of the Charleston County Park System at Kiawah Island. Bruce is hooked!!

There is no commercialism there, very wide beach, and lots of sparkling sand! What a beautiful day!! Nice breeze, 77 degrees, and not a cloud in the sky!!

Afterward, we drove back to the house, picked up our groceries, and headed to Kohl's in Summerville. Just so happens Julia was there!! I promised Bruce I would shoot for 20 minutes, but made it in 40.

Got some cute Easter things on sale. Then we took the "back" way up Alt. 17 through Moncks Corner, Greeleyville (speed trap of South Carolina -- we think of you, Brandon!), Manning, and then to Sumter.

Tired tonight, but feeling great relief and are full of thankful prayers that they found out why Bethany has been so sick. It's a nasty viral infection that affected her liver tremendously, but she has been treated with antibiotics and will continue to have testing at Nellis to make sure she's ok.

I will try to sleep tonight. Thanks to everyone for their kind messages and prayers. It works.

Enjoy the photos from today!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Ah, the speed trap. I remember that night.

Hey, take that Easter countdown off your blog...it has the wrong info, and it's covering up words in your post!! :)

Tiffany said...

Makes me homesick!

Is Travis due before or after me?

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!