Wow, we woke up to over 6 inches of snow!!! All the trees seemed to be bent over, especially those with blossoms.
Additionally, there was NO POWER!! For two hours. Poor little girls here were getting cold!
We scrapped our trip to visit the temple grounds throughout the two valleys. Way too much snow and we got a real late start.
We dropped Mandy off at the gym and went to Sconecutters and Sunflower Market. The scones just aren't like I remember at Henry VIII restaurant here in Provo. The Market was great and we got a lot of produce for very little. We went to Sonic to get drinks and then picked up Mandy, sat in the parking lot at the Tanner Building, and waited for Brandon to finish up some things for his program.
After lunch, Mandy and I watched "Rudy" and she baked cookies for Brandon to take to the dinner tonight.
Tonight we all had somewhere else to go. Brandon took the girls and went to a family dinner for the MBA program. Mandy went the MBASA social, and I went to dinner with friends from my BYU days. We met at 6:00, and my friend, Jan and I closed the place right after 10!! We talked and talked and had such a wonderful time catching up over the last 35 years!! I wish we could do it more often!
So now I'm getting ready to pack and head to the airport tomorrow to fly from Salt Lake to Vegas. Bethany, Keith and I will spend the day running around Vegas. Then Saturday I will be flying back to South Carolina. I've had a great time, but know it's time to go home to Bruce, Dixie and Monet. Hopefully warmer weather, too!!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment