Thursday, May 07, 2009

Trying to Maintain

This time of year is extremely stressful at the elementary school level. In fact, it's pretty much December and May that make teachers want to quit!!

We only have 19 days left, but it's the amount of work that has to be done in that time that is frustrating.

I've had 4 conferences, and have 8 to go (academic plans). Then there is the next two weeks with the state testing. And finally, no matter where I am next year, I will be moving my classroom. My old room is becoming the afterschool program's room. Not sure which classroom I'm going to, but it means taking everything down. Fortunately, I didn't put up much this year with all the construction!

I will probably stay some tomorrow and take down most of the walls, since we start testing on Tuesday, and there can't be any "help" for them.

Then there's always full moon and its effects on kids. Yes, I believe it has an effect!!

Today Bruce and I decided to go to IHOP because I have stayed at school each and every day this week, and wanted some strawberry food! I hope to go and pick some this weekend.

We are going to lose our oak tree by the driveway. It's been here ever since we moved in the house in 1985 and will make the yard look totally different. But it's about to fall on one of the cars (large dead branches). I will be taking some pictures this weekend while I am trying to salvage all the monkey grass!

I did take a couple of pictures in the yard tonight. Bruce cut the grass today and it looks really nice.

He bought me a new watch for Mothers Day!! I have to go and get some links taken out, but I love it!! Will take pics later. Bethany and Keith got me Barry Manilow's Classics CD. I have his albums, but can't play them, so this is super!!

And of course I am so anxious to have our new little granddaughter arrive in Italy. Poor Tiffany, I know she is sick of me calling to see how she is. But we worry about her. I have never gone a year without seeing my kids, so we are missing her a lot, not to mention little Zach! I miss Mike, too, but I'm USED to him being gone!! :) We are so looking forward to this birth and having them all come home in a couple of months!

Here are the pics.

The pansies are still going strong!

Honeysuckle smells so good!

Pewter's grave

Over 30 blossoms!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, Pih! :( I'm so glad she's making my rose bush pretty. I think I planted that when I was like 12 or something. I can't believe it still blooms...how many times did dad try to kill it with the lawn mower?!