Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cooler today!

Wow, it was only 95 today!! Should be 87 by Sunday. Yeah!! I love that temperature. Well, our dishwasher flooded the kitchen again last night. That's it. It's finished. Today after my writing class we went and bought a new KitchenAid. Debated back and forth over GE, Whirlpool, Kitchenaid and Bosch. Found a Bosch that we felt was reasonable, but they don't have any more at Lowe's, not even at any other store. So we settled for a Kitchen Aid. If it's anything like my mixer, it will last forever!!! It's black (my fridge is stainless and black), has a stainless steel interior, tall tub (yahoo for large pans!!), hold 14 place settings, has power scrub, and only has 54 decibels!!! Yeah!! Quiet one!! That was a really important feature this time. It seems even though I loved all the Whirlpools I had, they were all 61-63 decibels and just were louder than I wanted. Bosch is top of the line, but we feel the Kitchenaid is just as good and we didn't spend that much less. Today I had to take notes in our class for the class log. Two of us did it, and it shouldn't be too difficult. I had lots of practice with my secretarial jobs, PTA, and school committees. I wrote less sentimental writings today, so no crying in class. I'm still feeling most of the activities are too high of a level for elementary school. Wait until I do my professional development on Monday! Strictly hands on and they will be drawing!!! :) I ventured outside tonight after the thunderstorm and trimmed my Boston ferns. After the rain it was just stifling with humidity and heat. Everything smells different, too! They said on the news we were going to have thunderstorms off and on the next couple of days. Some of the thunder heads were 40,000 feet high today! Again, no pics. Just water on the kitchen floor and wet towels. We did eat lunch today during class at Baker's Sweets, who did all of the kids' cakes. All three girls' wedding cakes, Nathan and Ashley's beach cake, Travis and Amber's jet ski cake, Bethany and Keith's monkey cake, and Tiffany and Mike's frog rehearsal cake. They also have a cafe. I got pecan crusted chicken salad that was delicious!!! I only got a half portion, but could have easily had a full one!! Tomorrow and Friday we drive to Columbia to hear an author speak. Thank goodness we are carpooling. I only have to drive one trip. It's in Cayce, so I hope we have time to drive to Carolina Wings for lunch!!!
Here's a clue about today's writing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

today's writing must've been about how much utah sucks.
hahaha.
kidding...

Mandy said...

LOL @ B's comment!

With all these writing classes, I'm surprised that your blog doesn't have any paragraphs in it...

LOL LOL LOL!