Sunday, June 08, 2008
Peace and Quiet!
Today was a nice, quiet day. We went to Church, I taught the Laurels and Mia Maids, and then we came home. The heat here is crazy!! It was over 100 again. We had our Sunday brunch of beef sausage links, scrambled eggs, grits, and English muffins. For supper we had homemade brats (Bruce knows I still like the white ones!), potato salad and slow-churned FAT FREE/LOW CAL ice cream. Small portions! Then we watched one of the DVD's from the set Bethany got me on Unsolved Mysteries -- Ghost Stories. I really want to go back to Gettysburg, and I would love to see the re-enactment. Called Keith for his birthday today. I was hoping his gift was already there, but no such luck. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday. I start my writing class tomorrow. I'm putting together my literacy bag, which will be a piece of cake for me! We have to put something in the bag that we will miss while we are in the class. I'm putting in a 5 x 7 of my kids when they were little, and one of them grown up (At Travis's wedding). Then writing from the past, two pieces. I know I have some on the computer here, so that will be easy. A piece of writing that means a lot to me from the present. Hmmm. I will probably make a compilation of some of my kids' emails or blogs. Come on, boys, help me out here. I have a lot of writing from the girls --- not so much from my boys. Then something I would like to write in the future. That will probably be a family history. Thank goodness I don't have to be to class until 10. Sleep until 7:30. That will feel so good after the 5:30 ritual!! And this only lasts for 15 days. I think it will go quickly. I have to drive to Columbia on Thursday and Friday, though for a special class we are doing. Yuck! With the gas prices, that's not so good. I'll see about carpooling or something. I think we have to go to Lexington. I have a lot to do here at the house, so I hope I can get something done each morning and then again after class. Posting some pics here. My hydrangeas are just gorgeous!!! The different colors are all on the same plant!!! Bruce and I tried to take our pic in the courtyard before Church (after we locked ourselves out because each of us thought the other had a house key!) The pics didn't work, so I took a couple of funny ones in the car!
They are beautiful this year!
Two colors on one flower!
A blue one
Really pretty colors!
Maggie, Zach and Ryleigh's Papa
The Ga-Ga
Frosty's teddy bear from Shenandoah National Forest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Pretty flowers! No flowers in Vegas - but it will be fun when you guys come out! I saw gas for $4.29 yesterday. Ouch..
Pretty flowers! I like the pic of gaga and papa!
Post a Comment