Friday, June 13, 2008

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I think after 15 years in PTA, a Master's Degree, and 16 years of teaching I can safely say that workshops bore me!! I have been in one for two days. It was interesting, I learned what I want to do with writing children's books, but really -- say it in a day or forget it!!!!
Mandy says I need to make paragraphs, so I will try. Lester Laminack, children's author, writing author, etc. has some interesting books. I like "Saturdays and Teacakes," "Jake's 100th day of School," and his other one about his grandmother getting alzheimer's disease. (Sorry, I'm so burned out I forgot the title). Anyway, I learned a lot about illustrations and details in them. Right up my alley. Maybe someday I will get to have one published.
But we were in Columbia from 8:30 until 3:00 for two days. Ugh! I have so much to do. Like a 90 minute professional development on Monday. And we are going to Charleston tomorrow. I have it in my mind, just have to map it out. Lester made me think of a title today, "Eliminating Detail Diarrhea." It's either feast or famine when kids write. Hopefully I can give the teachers some ideas on how to promote details, and not just "then" sentences.
I was sad about the passing of Tim Russert. Even though I did not agree with him politically, I really felt he was a good journalist and very much enjoyed the piece he wrote about his father. How very, very sad that his wife and son were in Italy when he died. And of course 58 just seems so young any more. You just never know.
Tonight Bruce is putting in our new dishwasher! Hurrah! I think I will go and watch "Ghostwhisperer" and the go to bed early. We're leaving around 8:30 tomorrow. At least I don't have to get up at 5:30!
Lester and me

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I heard about Tim Russert at the gym with Bethany. She said, "What mom didn't call you?" Hahah! I get more minutes tomorrow. :)

Unknown said...

Any writing that includes "Diarrhea" is bound to rock...aaahahahahah