I will keep sending them, because I really want all of you to let me know what you think.
Last Saturday we went to a "cowboy shoot out" near Summerville. Don't know if Bruce liked that club or not. I'm letting him decide what he wants to do with it. I dropped him off with Travis at a shooting gallery and then I went SHOPPING!!! I went to JC Penney and got Bruce two more shirts for our trip, a pair of earrings for ME and a pair of sunglasses for ME! (Sorry, Maggie, Zach, and Ryleigh -- Ga-Ga needs some things, too!)
Then Amber and I went to Costco to get some things. Some are cheaper than the Commissary, some not. We will probably go to the Commissary sometime next month. Since it was Father's Day weekend, we went out to eat where Bruce wanted to go. He helped Travis get his icemaker in. What a job!! There had never been tubing for it. But it turned out fine.
We went to a local hangout for seafood. They are famous for their fried shrimp. I liked them and their hushpuppies were great! But overall, we will keep looking. Charleston has so many restaurants, it will take us years!!
Sunday I went to church and taught my Laurels. I really enjoy Juniors and Seniors. It was always my favorite sub job. Then, unfortunately, I had to work on schoolwork (I had to do a 90 minute professional development for the other teachers) on writing. I did mine on details. Lots of organizing, running off papers (thanks to Bruce), and having materials for them to work with. So Bruce ended up cooking his own Fathers Day dinner! I did make him an angel food cake.
This week we have both been busy, and tired. I finally cut the grass last night, as he has been putting up our new fence in the back yard. It should be done this week. He is fencing off the patio area so Dixie can't tear things up, can still play out back in the rest of the yard, and I can plant some flower gardens that she won't tear up. And we will be able to eat outside and grill without her getting into everything. Of course, I keep pointing out to Bruce where the pool would fit in nicely!!! (Wish, wish!!) It was so nice to be outside, though, cutting grass. I'm sick of being inside a classroom.
I had to drop off my classroom key today, since I didn't do it last week. They already have halfway installed a new playground for us, lots is torn up, and if what I saw is one of the new air conditioners, YUCK!!! It will look like some aluminum robot and will be positioned right in the MIDDLE of the only wall we had available to put up posters and kids work samples. They really need to let the teachers design the classrooms.
Oh, well. Tomorrow I only have to go to class for 2 hours. I'm leaving at lunch time to go to Charlotte to see Montgomery Gentry and Toby Keith!!!! I can't wait!! I need a music break and we have decided to stay overnight (my teacher friend, Teresa, and I). We are planning on Dave and Buster's for supper!! Wish all of you could go with us (boys, just dinner, not the concert!!)
Tonight I got my hair cut for the big trip next week. VIVA LAS VEGAS!!!!
Some pics below.
Dad also got a nice surprise from Nathan and Ashley --- Omaha Steaks!! Yum! Bethany and Mandy are taking him on a special Daddy/Daughter date in Vegas. Just the three of them. We figure Keith will be on the computer, Brandon will be playing with the Wii and Ga-Ga will be in the pool!!!!! :)





2 comments:
Love the shirts!!!!
I love Dad's face in the pictures...you can totally tell you made him hold up the shirt!
Post a Comment