Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Too Hot and Sick of Grad classes!!
It's been 7 days in a row of +95 heat. Yuck!! You just can't even breathe in it!! I wasn't outside that much. Have been in my writing class. Pros and cons. Too much on middle and high school level. 3rd graders are NOT going to write a three stanza poem about themselves as others see them, as they see themselves and then reveal a surprise at the ending. Helloooooooooo!!!!!! It was fun to do as adults, but I'm supposed to be strengthening my writing curriculum. We also had to write about a character we already have in our writing notebooks. I chose my Grandpa Mehring. Big mistake. My writing partner chose her dad. Both of them are deceased. Crying in class doesn't make sense!!! But I will pass on my writing to Bruce, the kids and my brother and see what they think. None of it is a final copy. Not sure I will choose it for one of my final three pieces, either. Yes, all of this, plus two projects have to be done by June 27th. Can't wait until Las Vegas!! We tried out the Brick Street Cafe today. Yes, there is a brick street from the 1800's in front of it. Tasty, but not worth the money. I can't do that for 13 more days!! Excuse me, 11 more. We have to drive to Columbia on Thursday and Friday. Wouldn't bother me except for the gas prices. Then tonight for the second time, our dishwasher spit out water on the rinse cycle and my newly cleaned carpet has a large wet spot again!!! Ok, we are going to Lowe's tomorrow to get a new dishwasher. We tried to remember when we bought this one. Mandy might have been in college. Nathan was gone with the Air Force. Bethany was still at home. We decided on 1998. Is that really 10 years ago?? And I pointed out to Bruce that it was our second one. He couldn't believe it -- not the original one to the house?? Honey, we have lived here 23 years now! Trying to decide between Maytag, Whirlpool (who own Maytag), and GE. Bosch is rated the highest, but not in my pocketbook. I'm looking for a tall rack, several cycles, and QUIET decibels!!! This one was too noisy. Sorry, no pics. I don't think you would like to see the water on the kitchen floor. Hopefully tomorrow will go better. And yes, I VOTED!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I remember when the first dishwasher broke - I was the ONLY ONE who would wash the dishes. BETHANY would refuse to help me!!!
Post a Comment