Travis got here while I was finishing up with the vaccuuming, taking a shower and getting dressed. We left here right before 1 and got to the tailgating site a little after 2.
We tailgated until 6:15 and then headed out to the stadium --Row 40 in the East Stands! But the view was great. Not so great was the "armchair quarterbacks" from LSU who analyzed every substitution, play, movement, etc. Did hear them say that Jerry Cook from USC will definitely be NFL. Hmmm. What about Kenny McKinley?? Captain Munnerlyn and Mike Davis????
The game was so close until the last 5 minutes. We lost 24-17. Some really stupid dropped passes and a missed field goal did it. Just glad LSU won't be national champs this year!
We left with 8 minutes to go to beat the traffic and were home before midnight after a quick stop at McDonald's by the base.
Today was Stake Conference, but I didn't even get up until 8. We had bacon, eggs, grits and "Halloween Cinnamon Rolls" (Pillsbury).
Then we went out to the base so Bruce could get something off his computer. We drove to the new Patriot Park on the parkway so Travis could see Sumter's new wonder. It's twice as big as Dillon Park!
Also went to Pocalla Springs so Travis and I could locate the old fairways and tees. So, so sad. I loved that golf course and have really warm memories of playing there with my boys.
Following are some pics I took aside from the game. Enjoy!





1 comment:
LOL @ redrum
Post a Comment