Which means all the students were non-stop TALKING!!! Yesterday I finished laundry, changed beds, scrubbed our bathroom floor, went with Bruce for a quick Commissary trip, watched Carolina's game, did my Laurel lesson and couldn't do any more!!
Today we went to all three hours of Church. Sunday School was a tear-jerker as we watched The Testaments and then one of the Sisters gave everyone a copy for their family. (She's so generous). I taught my Laurels and then came home, had brunch, and fell asleep for a bit. Watched a good ABC family movie "Au Pair."
Tonight I have to: finish lesson plans, gather materials for a presentation in my Math grad class, grade papers, decorate for Halloween, get packages ready to be sent, and hopefully get to bed at 11.
I heard Zach got a haircut, but Tiffany hasn't sent a pic yet. Please hurry!!!! This week I have 16 parent conferences, too. Somehow I was hoping it would not be as much work this year since we don't have SACs visit, but I think teaching is just becoming more and more about documentation and paperwork and less about actual teaching. Test scores and analysis seem to take priority over teaching to the moment. My teachers in the 50's and 60's had the best time to teach in history. I don't think kids today will look fondly back on school as the adults of today do. That's extremely sad.
So I will also watch the Amazing Race tonight! I love that show!!!
Looking forward to Friday!! It's a Teacher Workday. Everyone sing along, "Everybody's working for the weekend!!"
Picture of the day: (I think it was 1955) -- Easter and me in my finery!





2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a busy week! Man, must be nice to get a "teacher workday" with no kids. I wonder if I can have a day where I go to work, with no co-workers or bosses around?? LOL
I love these pictures you are scanning in. :) Love teacher workdays! Enjoy it!!!!! I didn't know Zach got a haircut...I should call Tiffany this week...
Post a Comment