I hit the ground running today and didn't stop all day. I have 16 parent conferences this week. The one scheduled today rescheduled for Friday.
Bruce was really nice and brought my office chair, a tote, and a treat over to me this morning. Unfortunately, my cell phone doesn't get a signal in the library, and I missed him. So it sat in the office for a couple of minutes.
Forgot the take out menus I got from Logan's for my presentation in my math grad class. Will have to do it next week.
I do enjoy the class, though. Then I went and spent $27 for Science and Social Studies!!! Ugh!!!
That was my schoolwork for the night. I did make a writing sheet for my class. They have written rough drafts of "When I Was Young in Sumter" after I read to them "When I Was Young in the Mountains" by Cynthia Rylant. I love that book! I wrote "When I Was Young in Ohio." Then they wrote theirs.
They will read them on Thursday to their grandparents for the Grandparents Tea. I think I have about 10 people coming to that. Tomorrow is a parent workshop, which I have 8 parents signed up. They come to class and take their kids with them. Hmmm. Should leave me about 5. Maybe I can finally work with them to get this estimation down in Math!!
I watched Dancing with the Stars tonight and have been on the computer too long!! Need to go to bed.
Here's another pic!! This is my Grandpa Mehring holding me as a baby. He died on October 24, 1976 when I was pregnant with Nathan. It always made me sad that I never got to see him with my kids. His parents died when he was 17 and 19 years old. His dad was Michael John Mehring and his mom was Margaret "Maggie" Ann Boelger Mehring. Grandpa died on a Sunday morning after getting his flu shot on Friday. I haven't had one since.





2 comments:
That's a great picture! Where are you getting these? I've never seen them before...
That picture is pretty awesome- very old!
I like the parent workshop idea - parents need to get involved!
Post a Comment