Sunday, October 26, 2008

Why are weekends so SHORT????

This won't be a long blog. I have to record test grades, average, and write lesson plans. I definitely resent the amount of time my job takes away from the school. I hope I can somehow get on track (the beginning of the school year was crazy with construction) and keep up with the two grad classes, too.

Good thing is I still only have 16 students, in spite of losing one on Friday and gaining one. That would make 5 in and out since school started.

Friday night Bruce decided he wanted to go to Shoney's in Manning, even though we got a lot of rain and it came down in buckets!!! I was a little worried when we hydroplaned once. But we made it back, and even stopped in at the WalMart there. (I don't care for ours at all!)

I managed to watch my favorite show, Ghostwhisperer before deciding I just had to go to bed. I was exhausted!!

On Saturday morning I slept in until 8 or so. Bruce went to a gun training, so he was gone the whole day. I did about 6 loads of laundry, changed beds, vaccuumed and cleaned up the family room, did dishes, ran errands for a couple of hours, and graded 5 different quarterly tests. Since we aren't allowed to read them to the kids and they are on 1st and 2nd grade reading level, they absolutely BOMBED on the reading and math tests. Not as bad on Social Studies and even better on Science (go figure -- all graphs and pictures!)

Tonight I will be up late. Tomorrow I have to be at work at 6:30 to get my grades in the system, since they want them in by 9:00 (hmmm. 3rd grade goes on break at 9). There is a program we will be using where they are just exported, but it hasn't worked so far. We'll try again this quarter.

So here are some pictures I took. Not the best quality, but will work on making them better later.


Young, in love, and THIN!!!

Nathan in 2nd grade. We used to ask him what color his eyes were and he would say "Hazels!!" He does have very pretty eyes (I think all of my kids do! I'm biased!)

My first three babies. I am thinking this is summer of 1982 before I had Travis. There's a shock -- Bethany's laughing!! :)

I love this pic of the three kids. Mandy looks so sweet, poor Bethany still barely has hair, and Nathan is being a little man. Cute, cute! Fall of 1981.

My parents, around 1981, which would make them 49 (Mom) and 50 (Daddy).

A rare picture of all of the Hildreths! (Ok, Leo, you and I are the "shirt-tail relatives" here -- how did you rate? jk) Left to right --Sandy and Leo with Jennifer and Lorin, Shari, Marsha, Marty, Mom (Mandy in front of her), Bruce holding Bethany (Nathan in front of him), and Dad. Taken in summer of 1981.

Sorry, Travis and Tiffany, I promise to put pics up of you two next time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is just the cutest picture of you and dad! I've never seen that one before!

Mandy said...

I love that last picture. I don't remember it being taken, though. Where are you, behind the camera? I see Leo...