He got up here on Friday night, and we had Taco Soup and apple pie. It was cold!!! Bruce had bought some of the display shelves from Steve and Barry's, who are going out of business. He would never have been able to get them in the house by himself, so it was good to have Travis help him. I just seem to make those kinds of matters worse.
We watched Ghost Whisperer. It's kind of weird what's happening, but I still think there will be a big turn of events somehow.
Saturday morning we were supposed to leave at 8. Oops! Travis and I both didn't wake up until almost 8!! We hurried and got ready, then drove to the local Shell station for a drink (I decided we only have Krispy Kreme donuts a couple of times a year, so I got a glazed one, Travis a chocolate one, and Bruce a lemon filled one). When we got gas, it was only $1.75!! Woo hoo!
We stopped in Columbia at the Sunoco station because Bruce wanted to trade drivers. He was a little sleepy. (That's what you get for getting up so early!!!) Anyway, we know that one of my tires is needing to be replaced. We just got it in October of 2006, so Bruce looked at the paperwork in the glove compartment, and sure enough, it should be under warranty! Bruce and Travis decided we needed to do something quick (on this trip), so we stopped at the Wal-Mart on Forest Drive by Ft. Jackson. The lady said indeed it would be free and would take about 3 hours. HUH?????????????
Bruce decided to keep driving. We tried to call the Killian Road Wal-Mart, but no answer at Tires. Kept driving, and Tiffany relayed info from Italy about the Wal-Mart near Concord Mills. The plan was to put the "donut" spare on and leave the tire, picking up and putting on the new tire when we were done at Dave and Busters. No problem, only 5 miles of driving each way.
We drove again past Lowe's Motor Speedway. It was the first time Travis had seen it. The lines were long pulling into the Concord Mills, and it took a little time to find a spot to park. We ate at Dave and Buster's. Travis had fish and chips, I had the goldfingers (chicken fingers), and Bruce had ribs. He loved them! We watched part of the Ohio State/Michigan game. Go Bucks!!
Then we played 250 tokens!!! Unfortunately, we only sat together and did the coin ones where you hope they go off the edge!! But at the end we had over 2600 tickets, which I added to the card I already had my summer's total from our concerts. Now it has over 7,000 on it!!
We went out into the mall, as I wanted to hit my two regulars, AC Moore Crafts and Yankee Candle. I found some really cute things for the grandkids in AC Moore, a cute snowman flag for Travis's yard that's a snowman with sunglasses on the beach, and a snowman lampshad for my candlestick.
At Yankee Candle, I was disappointed to find out that the middle size jars (I don't get the large ones, because they take so long to burn and then you are in another season!) were $21.99. That's ridiculous!! I will look online and try to find "Mrs. Claus's Cookies." It's a swirl design that has Christmas Cookie and Christmas Eve together.
Bruce and Travis had looked around The Bass Pro Shop and then met me in the mall. We walked around some more, I stopped in the Children's Place (always good sales, always too long of lines) and then we drove up I-85 to the wonderful Super Target!!! I found some goodies in the there and got Ryleigh a birthday present. Bruce and Travis had the favorite ---- popcorn!
Then we drove back to Wal-Mart. Coming over the back roads towards the store, we were on a ridge, and the sunset was gorgeous!!! The lights of the raceway had just come on and I wish I had had the time to take a picture. It was beautiful!! I had them drop me off at Dollar Tree so I could get some foam cut outs (they work great in Math!) Got the tire on, and began driving home.
We didn't even leave Charlotte until after 6:00! So when we got to Rock Hill, we filled up on gas (only $1.66!), and went to do take out at Jack in the Box. The one in Charlotte on Arrowood Road is better, though. Bruce tried the egg rolls, Travis the chicken fingers, and I got my favorite ----- Sourdough Jack. Then I noticed they had a special shake, so I got a SMALL Pumpkin Pie. Delicious!
Trip home was good. Got home a little after 9. Bruce pretty much went to bed, but Travis is a night owl like me. He started taking files off the old computer, so we can get rid of it. And we watched the Oklahoma/Texas Tech game. It was great!!!
Finally went to bed after midnight. This morning I fixed pancakes for breakfast and Travis and Ozzy left around 9:15. He got home safely (probably to a very cold house, as he turned off the heat!)
I have lots to do for my grad class (only two more meeting dates!) Lesson plans are caught up, and I have a couple of papers to grade. Then it's on to more reorganizing at home. How I would love to call in sick the next two days!!! (I'm having allergy problems anyway and my head still is sore in the spot where I got whacked with a falling map in my room on Monday).
Lots of pics here:
Guess who??





2 comments:
That baby would be YOU!
I miss you guys. :(
the shopping trip sounds fun! wish i was doing that with y'all this friday!
btw - the dave and busters pic actually looks like you're at a race & sports book! lol
Post a Comment