It was a major whirlwind cleaning, but more is getting sorted, organized and getting rid of. Not there yet, but will be when Bethany comes!
We played Buzz last night. (Play Station 3) What a fun game!! We had hot dogs on the grill, baked beans, potato salad, and pumpkin dessert. Bruce and Travis freak out when I select any sports categories!!
This morning I got up early and made bacon, eggs, grits, and Tas-T-O's. After breakfast, I made stuffing and Bruce stuffed the turkey and had it on at 9:00. We watched part of the parade. Travis took Julia (in the GTO of course) to see some of the sights of Sumter, including General Sumter's tomb.
We took pictures for the Christmas card and calendar. And feasted on the Hildreth cheeseball. Travis brought some yummy crab dip he got from Schwann's.
Suddenly the turkey was ready and we got everything together quickly. We had decided to eat outside. Very nice day with 66 degrees. It was really nice and we even had a candly lit!!!
After dinner, we cleaned up and took a ride so I could take the pic of Swan Lake's decorations and Bruce dropped off some food to Charlie, the manager at Advance Auto who had to WORK today!! Poor guy!
Then we drove to the site of the old Manchester town, and up 261 past the plantations, ending up at Brookland Plantation (just across 378). Getting dark then, so we drove back and played some more Buzz and ate an Andes Mint pie Travis brought.
Now it's after 8, I feel like it's 10, and I'm hoping to go to Black Friday tomorrow. I miss going with the family. I've had all three of the girls at one time or another, Mike, my son-in-law, and I think I've taken Travis, too. Can't talk Bruce into going.
Some of the stores open at 4, but I think that's a little too early for me!! I will probably leave the house after 5.
Here are the pics for the day!





2 comments:
Hahaha - the pic of Ozzy and Budd is cute. Looks like you guys had better weather than us! We'll be home for Christmas - less than a month!
I too will be sad to go to Black Friday alone tomorrow. :(
I'm going to snag the pic of Budd and Ozzy...remember that email I sent you? You never said anything about pictures...
Post a Comment