Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hurry up and wait!

That sure sounds like a military phrase!! We've been doing things around the house in anticipation of Mandy coming with the girls, but I'm not holding my breath that they will be able to get to Charlotte. KEEP THE CALIFORNIANS HOME!!! Why are they all so anxious to come back East when they love their state so much and hate the rest of us?????????????????????

Anyway, yesterday I got into the dentist so he could fit me for my partial. I'm finally going to have a straight tooth smile!! Would have done implants, but too expensive and now is not the right time. Next Tuesday I will be going to lose the front tooth that has an extremely short root on it from braces and has prevented me all these years from completing closing my mouth (Bruce will be excited about that!) I will have everything completed by the time we leave for Michigan.

We're going through a slight dilemma with the family room. Me more than Bruce. I like the valance I've had up there, but when we got new blinds, they are situated so that the braces for the valance rod can't go on the window frame. So do we want curtains now, or just adjust the valance? I can't decide and I can't find the right color of curtain. I was hoping to find a striped pattern with shades of cream, khaki, blue and yellow. Haven't found it so far.

Bethany keeps telling me floral is too 80's. Eventually I want plantation blinds, but not now. If I get curtains, I want to raise the rod closer to the ceiling. Will be looking at HGTV's "rate my space" a lot for ideas. Do I want shirred curtains, traverse rod with hooks, hooks and clips, etc., etc.!! It drives me crazy!!

We met Nathan and Ashley last night in Columbia for dinner. Enjoyed just sitting and talking to them. They work so hard, we rarely get to see them and I miss them! They found out that are having a baby girl in November! Zach is going to be the prince in the family with all these girls, but I love it!!!!

So today I'm working in the bedrooms and scrubbing foyer and kitchen. That will make all the floors scrubbed in the last two days!!! And of course I do this on my knees because I think it gets them cleaner. Don't do that too often, though. I end up with "holes" in my knees.

I think I have found out what has made me so sick the past two weeks. ACTIVIA YOGURT!! I happened to google about "sick from Activia" and found scores of people with the same symptoms! I won't touch that stuff again!! It takes 2 weeks to get out of your system. This is the 4th day. Slowly feeling better, but will be happy not to have stomach cramps.

Below is a picture I took on Saturday when Travis was here

How much is that doggie in the window???

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm having the curtain dilemma too. But I want to make mine to match my pillows. We'll see what I come up with. It's my project for July.