It was 97 at 6:00. Ugh!! I don't care for really high heat. We had a coupon for Ruby Tuesday's and stopped at the one on Garner's Ferry Road. I had their new crab cake, broccoli, and their cheddar mashed potatoes!! Yummy! Bruce had ribs and broccoli and potatoes. One of the best meals ever!
Saturday morning I got up early, packed up and went to Charleston to go to the beach with Travis, Julia, and her mom, Geri. Was waiting to see which plane Mandy would get on to come home. Unfortunately, they all got booked!! Yuck!
We had a great time at the beach. Travis and I walked 2 miles, swam in the ocean with the nice breeze, in spite of 105 heat index. Of course, I forgot to put sunblock on my face and chest and got burned!!
We ate a small lunch on the beach, came home, changed and went to see the "tall ships." Dumb me!! I forgot they wouldn't have their sails unfurled while docked!! There were four really large ships and several small wooden ones. Next year I'm going to watch them sail in on Thursday. I didn't want to tour them or anything, just see them sail!
We parked at the Charleston Marina next to Patriot Point and walked down on the docks. Neat boats, and nice view of the Charleston skyline. The water in the harbor was pretty rough and Travis got his feet wet when the waves spilled over onto the dock!
After taking pictures, Travis said, "Let's go bowling!" So we went. Hmm. I haven't bowled since I was in the Union Central Life Insurance bowling league when I was 22! Very rough first game, but then I got a 96 and was happy with it, and my strikes!! Travis is right handed, but bowls left-handed and has the same right hook I do, so we practiced on straightening out our arms when we rolled the ball. He won the second game, and Geri had 3 strikes in a row!! (turkey!!)
Went to Rio Grande for dinner. I love their cheese dip and tortilla chips. The tostado, taco and cheese quesadilla I had were good. We watched as the sky turned yellow, and then got home and found out there were tornado warnings up. I checked with Bruce and decided to stay at Travis's, which meant sleeping in my clothes, no make-up, etc, but it was too bad outside.
Ozzy hates thunder and lightning and came up in the family room with us. We watched a movie, played a computer game and then I went on the computer to play Blitz while Travis played a game on Play Station with Nathan and their friend, Paul, in Ohio.
This morning we had a nice breakfast (thanks, Julia!) and I began to drive home, stopping three times, once for gas and to take bathroom breaks. I'll be so glad when this Activia is out of my system!!
I slept about 3 hours this afternoon, guess I needed it!! Tonight I fixed Bruce pork chops, asparagus, and broccoli pasta. He loved it. Probably needed a good home cooked meal! :)
Pics to follow!
Our new beach cart
WILL POST MORE PICS LATER TONIGHT!





1 comment:
So is that the bridge with the 5K? I want to run that!!!!!
Post a Comment