Thursday, July 09, 2009

Vacation Day 2

Got up in Lexington and went to the Eastern State Hospital, where my gggrandmother spent the last 25 years of her life. I just wanted to take a couple of pics, but had to get permission from the administrator. Good thing, because she is putting me in touch with the RIGHT person to obtain grandma's records. Then we followed a security man to the cemetery on the back of the property. So, so sad. Thousands of people (including grandma) buried there, but only 2 markers. I have to find out what happened to her!!

Was excited, as usual, to drive down the hill into Cincinnati, it's still home. (Roots). But you can't go home like that. The ancestors are all gone, and it's sad. Won't ever be the same.

I begged Bruce to let me eat lunch at Frisch's. We stopped at the one in Springboro, and Jeff drove over and joined us.

Then on the road to Michigan. Stopped a few minutes and took a picture of Grandma Elsie and Grandpa Clyde's house in Perrysburg. Such a nice little town and we noticed there were NO houses for sale!!

Traffic in Toledo was crazy, as a girl cut me off when she realized she was on the road to Detroit and not Ann Arbor. At Luna Pier, I traded with Bruce. I hate Detroit traffic. Didn't get really bad until we got off I-75. Then it was over in 10 minutes. We were fortunate because we just got the beginning of rush hour.

Staying at a Marriott Courtyard with a lots of shopping within walking distance and a Dave and Buster's next door!

We ate with Sandy and Leo and I played games --1/2 price day!!! Earned 2600 tickets!!!

Very tired last night and still had a difficult time going to sleep. But slept until 7.

More adventures today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZACH!!! We love you and miss you!!!!


glitter-graphics.com

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I bet Trav will love all those tickets! We have a D&B here. Are you going to send me some? J/k. :)