Saturday, July 11th, was the last day of the Hildreth Family Reunion. It was a MESSY start!!!! Bruce, Leo, and Sandy decided to brave the pouring rain and venture out to an Antique Fair at 7 a.m. No way for me!!! Plus, I knew Bethany was tired from flying.
So, Marsha came to the hotel to meet us and the three of us tried to find out where the restaurant was that we were to meet the rest of them, and Marty and Trent. We finally found it. Good breakfast!!!
Then all of us went to the Antique Fair. I wandered around, not really looking for anything in particular. I have a lot to clean up at home and just didn't feel "in the mood," but liked looking and watching Sandy spend money!! :)
Suddenly Bruce says that he bought something and we will have to fold down the back row of seats. What?????? Well, I can't say because it's for one of the kids. So, I will hold back, but it's a nice gift and very thoughtful.
I did end up buying two reading books from 1939. Beautiful artwork and got them both for $8. Looked them up on E-bay and would have been the same without shipping, so I didn't get cheated any. I really want to fix up my office and have a lot of school houses, etc.
Bethany and I bailed out a little early from the antique fair and went to Dave and Buster's next to the hotel for lunch and playing games. We did pretty good!! Then we tried to walk next door to the hotel and ended up going up to the highway around a long drainage ditch. But we made it!!
Around 4, we headed out to Marty's for the family dinner and lots of pictures. Jenny had made ribs, salads, and a fruit shortcake. There was chicken also. Nice meal and we enjoyed taking pictures and just relaxing and talking.
Everyone started leaving, so we helped clean up a bit, and then said good-bye to everyone. (Sandy and Leo had an early flight, so we wouldn't see them at the hotel). By the time we got back to the hotel, we just were just worn out!! So we said goodnight to Bethany (she decided to get her own room and they gave her one with a jacuzzi!) and then went to bed.
Here's a pic of the Hildreth siblings.





1 comment:
Antiquing sounds fun. So does Dave and Busters. Glad Bethany could go. :)
Post a Comment