We went to National Coney Island. Nice breakfast and quiet!! Then we jumped in the car for the drive to Ohio.
Bruce and I were switching off driving, but I didn't want to drive in Detroit. Crazy freeways and some crazy drivers!!
So we started the drive and stopped at Luna Pier, a cute little beach town just over the Michigan line from Ohio on Lake Erie. I took Bethany's pic there because I had taken one of Nathan and Mandy back in June of 1981, and of course she was a month old and sleeping!!!
Here's the old and new!! (Couldn't figure out where I took this of Nathan and Mandy, but they probably have built an entire new pier!!)
So I started driving and we went through downtown Toledo and got a good picture of their new bridge. It's really cool! (I think Bethany has the pics of this!)
We got to Lake Erie via Rt. 2, the way we always went with my grandparents when they lived in Toledo. Lots of memories!!
You can imagine how surprised my mom was when she saw me and then saw Bethany get out of the car!!! (We didn't tell them). We spent some time sitting on the back of the boat just enjoying the water and the sun. Then we went to Cheese Haven, a wonderful cheese store that was started in 1949! We went there with my grandparents many times. I love their smoked cheese, cheese spread and beefstick!! Bruce loved it too, and ended up with a 12 year old aged cheese, pickled bologna and chocolate cheese!! :)
Drove to Port Clinton, the small town near Catawba Island, and looked at the houses that face the lake (really nice!), the drawbridge (that went up to let a couple of boats by), and then focused on going to The Crow's Nest for dinner.
Got there and it was so crowded!! We found out there was a fishing tournament. So we drove over to Marblehead and Bruce and Bethany saw Cedar Point across the bay and the Millenium Force I went on!!
Eventually after driving around and looking at houses, etc, we decided to try The Crow's Nest again. It was empty inside because everyone was outside!!! Their salads are really good, and of course I had shrimp. Everyone enjoyed their meal and I was able to get Maggie and Ryleigh the glow in the dark t-shirts that I got Zach last year.
Went back to the boat for awhile and then Bethany and I went to the gift shop at the Put-in-Bay ferry. We were going to the dairy cream stand, but realized we didn't have any cash. Off to the grocery for some bread for the ducks, and ended up at Tofts' ice cream. Yummy!!
Brought back ice cream for everyone, watched the sunset, and slept on the boat. Bethany and I on bunks and Bruce on the couch. An experience!





2 comments:
Those are some short shorts on Nate. LOL
I want to try Cheesehaven!!
Ohio was fun...made me want a boat too!
Post a Comment