Saturday, August 09, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUSBAND!!!




glitter-graphics.com
Today was kind of a relaxing day and puttering around the house. I slept in late after watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. How cool were they???? Ran to the store and got a couple of things for the teacher luncheon on Monday, a card for Bruce, and his birthday cake is red velvet. We went to Staples so I could use my purchase order from school. I get everything up there, they ring it up and discover the WRONG account number is on it!! I left my cart and they are supposed to hold it until I can get over there on Monday. An hour wasted! We then drove to Manning for Bruce's dinner out for his birthday. He chose Shoney's because of the seafood and steak bar. Of course, I got a Slim Jim and onion rings. Only now they have this huge Grecian bread that it's on. Hmmmm. Next time I might get a burger or the seafood. All 5 kids and my brother Jeff called to wish Bruce a happy birthday. On the way home we "scoped" out the new soccer field park that is going in on Patriot Parkway. I'm excited because it's less than 2 miles from the house and it will have WALKING TRAILS!!!! It will also be on the way home from work. Can't wait until it's done!! When we got home, I went to get the long matches. Bruce asked me what I was doing and I replied, "Lighting the candles." I'm standing there in the kitchen after they are lit, saying, "Honey, hurry, before they completely melt." He's wondering what the big deal is about lighting candles on the mantle when he suddenly realizes I'm talking birthday cake, he has to run back to get a shirt on for the pic, gets in the kitchen and has them all blown out -- I missed him doing it!!!! Oh, well. I have a before and after. Happy Birthday, honey!!
Red velvet cake
Candles lit (only 36)
Hurry, they're melting!

He's too fast!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Dad! Looks like Mom accidentally put too many candles on your cake...isn't there only supposed to be 29!?

Mandy said...

That is hilarious. I love red Velvet cake...mmmmm! Happy Birthday, DAD!