Will it never end?????? I've spent another day trying to get my classroom set up with no flooring!!!! Moved a lot of furniture, cleaned a lot of dirt up, and still don't have my classroom finished. I climbed up and down a ladder the entire morning. Several teachers are going in on Saturday and Sunday, but I think I need a break for my sore muscles. It will all be there on Monday, anyway.
We ate at Mariachi's tonight in Manning. I can't believe I've eaten out this much in a week. Will be going to the Commissary to try and cut down.
We have Orientation on Monday for just a little bit. Then will work to try and finish. The kids come on Tuesday, but just until 10:45 and right now I only have 14 kids (don't worry, that will change!!!)
Last night after work, I went to the Mall to donate blood for WIS-TV's drive. They asked me to do so when I interviewed with them last week. Well, I haven't donated in 16 years. Been through a lot with surgeries, so I kind of knew what to expect. Everything went well. No stick with the needle, didn't watch the blood (I have a weak stomach for it), rested a couple of minutes after giving it.
Then I got a drink and crackers and sat down to make sure I would be ok. NOT! Got a cold sweat, my hands were tingling, and I felt dizzy as could be!! I'm texting Bruce to come and get me (he was in the mall), called, no answer!!! (Found out today his phone isn't ringing!) Ten minutes later, he comes up and says, "Wow, you look pale." Duh, you think so???????? That might be why I'm so tired today!!
I signed up for two graduate classes today. One is a continuation of last year's SCRI class (SC Reading Initiative). The other is implementing the Math Standards. Then I just have one more class in the spring and will be finished with my Masters +30 and will only take classes I think are interesting and about history or technology!!
I was planning on going shopping tomorrow in Columbia, and still may. But I have lots to do here to continue to clean up. The boys old room just has to have some things taken off the shelf and go through some things on the bookshelf. I have put a new daybed coverlet on Bethany's day bed (saving it for her when she moves closer!!)
Tiffany's room is getting there. I will be sending boxes forever!! Not really. I hope to have the energy and stamina to get my office cleaned out and organized. I started also taking things out of the living room and back to the classroom. But not until I have new tile!!!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment