Sunday, August 17, 2008

A quiet Sunday

I couldn't sleep last night until after 2. So I missed Sacrament meeting, but went to teach my Laurels and two of the Beehives (our Beehive advisor is due any minute!) I'm trying real hard to relax so I can fight the mess tomorrow. I'm making a powerpoint about me so the class will have an idea of what I'm all about. Of course there will be pictures of my schools, universities, children, pets, favorite colors, food, etc. Just takes a while to do it!! Plus I won't put a timer on it so I can talk between pics. They get out at 10:45, so I know the time will fly. I usually do an icebreaker with them, take them on a tour of the school, go over the schedule, etc.
I'm also working on a slideshow of South Carolina (have one already), but want more pictures of the 6 regions. One I thought was good until they had pictures of a "still" in the mountains. Ugh!
We're having a new recipe for Sunday dinner.

Swiss Burgers

• 1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
• 6 slices Swiss cheese
• 1 can (8 oz.) sauerkraut, heated and drained
• 1/3 cup Wish-Bone® Thousand Island Dressing
1. Shape ground beef into 6 patties. Grill or broil until desired doneness. Top evenly with cheese, sauerkraut and Wish-Bone® Thousand Island Dressing. Serve, if desired, with rye or pita bread.

I love sauerkraut, so this will be similar to a reuben. Of course, I will be watching the Olympics between sessions at the computer (don't want feet to swell), and getting ready for the week.
I am putting a picture up today. It's my graduation day at BYU. Wow, was I thin!! Maybe someday!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that I see a pic of you younger...I am convinced I'm adopted.

:-)

back to school, back to school...

Mandy said...

...to prove to dad that i'm not a fool...

LOL LOL LOL

Okay, that dress is totally retro...what year was that? 1974? LOL!