Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday, Last day of freedom!!

Today started a little early. We had the tv on during the night and I woke up to the end of the 400 meter with Michael Phelps and team beating France!!! Oh, yeah!!! They were so excited and even at 2 in the morning it just was great to watch!! Bruce had jury duty today, but didn't have to serve. (He was a little sad). I had the faculty luncheon and made banana pudding for it. It was well-liked, but we had like 10 desserts!!! Then I dropped by to visit Mary E. Chorey and take some of the baby food I had here (like we are going to use it!) Went by school. Hmmm. They were just getting ready to take up the tile on my floor. This is going to be a very scantily-decorated room for a while. No nights and Saturdays for me! On Saturday I had a problem with a purchase order at Staples, so I got the right account number on it, loaded up my cart for the second time, and NO ------- it couldn't be approved!!! How I love Sumter and their procedures!! I walked out and left it, called the school secretary and they are going to work it out tomorrow. I had more luck with OCS where I got some construction paper, nametags, a SC bingo game, and 10 more small white boards the kids use to answer. Unfortunately I only have 20, but at $35 for 10, it will have to wait. I have a lot of things here at the house, but can't get in the room, so I will take it slow and do a good job of decorating. The main thing is to have activities for them!

Banana Pudding Recipe

1 14 oz. can Eagle brand milk
1-1/2 cup cold water
1 pint whipping cream
1 - 3.4 pkg. INSTANT vanilla pudding
36 vanilla wafer cookies
3 sliced bananas (dip each in lemon juice and place on paper towel to drain -- will prevent from darkening)

Place mixer bowl and beater in freezer for 10 minutes to chill for whipping cream.
Mix Eagle brand milk, water and pudding in large bowl. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
Put whipping cream in mixer bowl, and beat with mixer whip until stiff.
Fold whipping cream into pudding mixture.
Layer a 2-1/2 qt. bowl with pudding, then vanilla wafers, then bananas. Repeat twice. End with pudding. Top with vanilla wafers. Cover. Refrigerate.

GOING TO WATCH OLYMPICS!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you put the banana pudding recipe up - the guys at work have been asking about some!

Dad is funny - he's been watching too much "The First 48" to want to serve jury duty!!